Toyotathon ads are maxing my CPU usage

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Clear the cache on your computer. And the cookies. The ads where you are seeing the vehicle ads respond to places you have been on the internet. So, if you don't want to block them. (or become a supporting member and turn off adds). Clearing should not give those as the ads you see often.

I really don't mind the ads showing. Just the fact that they eat up my CPU so bad that I can hardly type more than one letter every three seconds when I type a response.
Three hours work this month makes becoming a supporting member difficult. I'd love more than you can imagine to make a generous donation.
Powerball for Wednesday is over 227m...... I'll let ya know. ;)

I have a report that the side is now gone for him. So the settings are probably good as they are now.

Nick, I read this comment, which was at the end of the link you just displayed. I'm just wondering how valid it could be?

THESE STEPS APPLY AFTER YOU DONE THE STEPS ABOVE!
Hi Guys,
I have found a fix which would work for everyone, when the CPU is at 100% (make sure it is) press and hold the power button, for 10 seconds, until the computer turns off.

Once it is turned off, if on desktop, Take out the power plug from the back of the computer and leave it for an hour.

If you are on Laptop take out the battery and the AC cord. Then press and hold the power button for 30-seconds (Even when there is no battery or cord, this removes all the static electricity inside the computer) And then leave your computer for an hour.

After an hour, plug the computer back in / put the battery AND AC cord in the computer and turn it on . Log In and check the CPU. It should be better.

Depends on what OS you are running Hav, and the Build.

There are a few options on that link. See if one works for you .

Lay down, and try again when you feel better . :D

you can try manually restarting the service. Do a Windows Search for Services and, in the window that opens, look for Windows Management Instrumentation. Right click it, then select Restart. You can also stop the service entirely, if you desire.

Last edited:
Lay down, and try again when you feel better . :D

you can try manually restarting the service. Do a Windows Search for Services and, in the window that opens, look for Windows Management Instrumentation. Right click it, then select Restart. You can also stop the service entirely, if you desire.

Or you can use a hammer.;)

Hit the F12 key on your keyboard. Does page info show up?

That for sure will show you what causes the cpu spike on that webpage I would think.

Maybe graphics spiking like crazy or a url spiking like crazy.

Hit the F12 key on your keyboard. Does page info show up?

That for sure will show you what causes the cpu spike on that webpage I would think.

Maybe graphics spiking like crazy or a url spiking like crazy.

How do I copy or save the page info?

Last edited:
I use MW Snap if that's what a 'snipper' program is.
Here's a biggie from the F 12 list. My favorite add was on at both the top and bottom of the page when I clicked F12

F1 a1 JS and other.jpg

Please download SystemLook from one of the links below and save it to your Desktop.

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...style="color: blue">Download Mirror #1</span>

http://api.viglink.com/api/click?fo...style="color: blue">Download Mirror #2</span>

Double-click SystemLook.exe to run it.

A blank Windows shall open with the title "SystemLook v1.0-by Jpshortstuff".
Copy and Paste the content of the following codebox into the main textfield under "File":

Code:

:filefind
atapi.sys
netbt.sys

Please Confirm everything is copied and Pasted as I have provided above
Click the Look button to start the scan.
When finished, a notepad window will open with the results of the scan. You can close this notepad window as the log will already be saved as SystemLook.txt on your Desktop ( if you downloaded and ran SystemLook to your Desktop as requested ).
Please attach this log in your next reply.

SystemLook 30.07.11 by jpshortstuff
Log created at 02:01 on 27/12/2015 by roy
Administrator - Elevation successful

========== filefind ==========

Searching for "atapi.sys"
C:\WINDOWS\erdnt\cache\atapi.sys --a---- 96512 bytes [09:53 17/12/2015] [07:10 14/04/2008] 9F3A2F5AA6875C72BF062C712CFA2674
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\atapi.sys -----c- 96512 bytes [16:21 18/08/2008] [07:10 14/04/2008] 9F3A2F5AA6875C72BF062C712CFA2674
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\atapi.sys --a---- 96512 bytes [12:00 27/07/2007] [07:10 14/04/2008] 9F3A2F5AA6875C72BF062C712CFA2674

Searching for "netbt.sys"
C:\WINDOWS\ServicePackFiles\i386\netbt.sys -----c- 162816 bytes [16:20 18/08/2008] [07:51 14/04/2008] 74B2B2F5BEA5E9A3DC021D685551BD3D
C:\WINDOWS\system32\drivers\netbt.sys --a---- 162816 bytes [12:00 27/07/2007] [07:51 14/04/2008] 74B2B2F5BEA5E9A3DC021D685551BD3D

-= EOF =-

Sorry Hi, I can't go any further cleaning your confuser unless you can get a newer version of Windows XP.

Sorry Hi, I can't go any further cleaning your confuser unless you can get a newer version of Windows XP.
What you did helped speed things up and also for some reason, my confuzer's USB modem seems to connect more constantly at 48.0kb
Since disabling those services running programs, the errors have changed, mostly to just one. It seems to be randomly trying every few minutes to every hour to "phone home" :confused:
It doesn't affect anything, just makes a lot of red x's The description of the event 1054 is:

Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you logoff. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

There is also a 1521 which comes up occasionally. I see this one after the confuzer is restarted sometimes. Both of these events came up prior to the confuzer fixes............. probably since I've had the confuzer.
I suppose if these "events" have been coming up for a few years, there isn't much to worry about. Confuzer is out of the office, but nobody told it so. :D

Windows cannot locate the server copy of your roaming profile and is attempting to log you on with your local profile. Changes to the profile will not be copied to the server when you logoff. Possible causes of this error include network problems or insufficient security rights. If this problem persists, contact your network administrator.

12 28 1054 errors hunting for Domain Controller.jpg

The business keeps computer CDs and related stuff in a file cabinet. The only user of this computer was "Roy", and the version I had was in his file along with the GigaByte disk....... that disk didn't have the XP on it, just additional stuff.
I have yet to take it back, so when I do, I'll ask.
Much appreciated for all that work you did for me. The computer is definitely working better.

Latest posts

Back