Ultra Clic

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kaskelj

Has anyone heard of the brand Ultra Clic? I'm trying to figure out if it's decent or not but can't find anything online about them which is concerning. They have a "Rosewood" line that's 12.5mm and looks pretty nice.

Has anyone heard of the brand Ultra Clic? I'm trying to figure out if it's decent or not but can't find anything online about them which is concerning. They have a "Rosewood" line that's 12.5mm and looks pretty nice.

Whats so "Ultra" about it? :rolleyes:

Everyone thinks that they make laminate flooring these days. If you wander down the ailse of some box stores you will find companies that make lighting fixtures, storage containers, and laminate flooring. Stick with the name brands. You get what you pay for. People have heard of these names for a reason, they are known for their flooring.

The best buy for the money is Costco's Harmonics made in the Quickstep factory. And of course Mohawk bought Quickstep, so who is the winner?

I've installed miles of Harmonics with zero complaints. Over wood substrates, concrete, over ceramic tile, you name it I've done it.

Another thing to consider is the thickness, a thicker laminate does not make it stronger or better. Look at the warranty. I will take an 8 mil board with a lifetime warranty over a 12 mil board with a 15 year warranty. The warranties are a joke when filing claims however they are great for gauging the quality of the laminate. Also, if you have any minor imperfections in the subfloor, not enough to require leveling, a thicker laminate will not conture as well as a thinner one so when someone steps on a questionable area youll see movement with the thicker floor.

Another thing to consider is the thickness, a thicker laminate does not make it stronger or better. Look at the warranty. I will take an 8 mil board with a lifetime warranty over a 12 mil board with a 15 year warranty. The warranties are a joke when filing claims however they are great for gauging the quality of the laminate. Also, if you have any minor imperfections in the subfloor, not enough to require leveling, a thicker laminate will not conture as well as a thinner one so when someone steps on a questionable area youll see movement with the thicker floor.

I second that!

Latest posts

Back