Vet?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

youngun

Vinyl Enhanced Tile, what's the average labor rate, none Union rates please. Also, an average install footage a day?

what the hell is that? new products coming out every 5 minutes---im starting to get some calls for groutable vinyl tiles---is that what you mean?

what the hell is that? new products coming out every 5 minutes---im starting to get some calls for groutable vinyl tiles---is that what you mean?

Speaking of new products, I just installed CoreTec from US Floors. Anyone use this product yet? Im supposedly the first in my area to put it down. Its a locking LVT with a cork/bamboo/vinyl composite core and a cork underlayment attached. The company says its 100% waterproof and doesnt expand or contract. Supposedly it can be run for any length without a break.

Speaking of new products, I just installed CoreTec from US Floors. Anyone use this product yet? Im supposedly the first in my area to put it down. Its a locking LVT with a cork/bamboo/vinyl composite core and a cork underlayment attached. The company says its 100% waterproof and doesnt expand or contract. Supposedly it can be run for any length without a break.

with a cork/bamboo/vinyl composite core .
They didn't throw any cpt in the mix ? :D
Let us know how you make out .

It was a little tricky to click together but once I figured it out it went a little smoother. It's supposed to be a drop lock but there is the slightest little lip that protrudes on the short side of the plank. The directions say to hit it down with a rubber mallet but that doesnt work because it breaks that lip which makes the seam not sit right. I ended up smacking it down lightly with my fist THEN hit it with the mallet to close the seam tight. Nice looking product but not sure if its worth the trouble. The locking Lvt from berry/alloc is much easier to install and a bit cheaper. I'll have to see if I can get a pic of my samples to show you guys the composition.

ForumRunner_20130609_083843.jpg

Those 5G systems generally suck. The Inhaus laminate was one of the best I ever installed. It was 3 hits with the fist from the back end to the leading end. Worked like a charm every time. After my fist got tired of pounding I used my white rubber mallet, never broke one. I have broken Pergo XP

Here is a pic of the side so you can see the composition. It's funny that the tiles have the grey core and the wood planks have the tan core, right?

ForumRunner_20130609_212448.jpg

Latest posts

Back