Cove.

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
flyteflooring said:
What's the rate to charge for installing vinyl/marmoleum cove?

I don't do coving less then 20 per yard. I get a extra 5 per yard for Lino . Lino takes a true craftsman. BUT!! Work is Work these days. With all the bids I do I'm never the lowest or highest so that a competitive bid here in Florida

Are you welding it? Is it for somewhere that has to comply with health and safety legislation? Or just a toilet in a warehouse for example. It's not that hard to do, it's more a preparation task. If you plan well you shouldn't need to charge that much as the job will go smoothly. I would normally charge about £3.50 a linear meter. That's making a hansom profit for the time it takes.

I'm guessing you guys are on the other side of the pond to me? Bare in mind how many corners there will be. In the past when I started out instead of charging per meter (or foot) I would just ask myself, how much would I want to be paid to do this? Normally it's about right, just don't get greedy. Too many greedy fitters in this world and they always seem to be rubbish.

Corners are very simple , the easiest ones for me are outside. 25 dollars per corner. It's all about balance.

When you do it so much it's like Childs play. I'm the best at it.

This was a one day job. 5,000 dollars in my pocket, in and out. And that was cheap.

_facebook_1058801691.jpg

_facebook_-1373924304.jpg

_facebook_-1850540184.jpg

_facebook_1070668939.jpg

_facebook_1436232006.jpg

Uh oh, Orlando is here. I never seen a Mexican like him. The dude can do anything. And he does it very well.

Charge per lineal foot, both welding and Coving.. Each separate

Correct. The piece work rates vary AMAZINGLY across the country based on supply and demand, unions, prevailing wage laws and such. You figure your normal rate for commercial sheet goods as if it were flat lay PLUS a per linear foot on the coving PLUS a linear foot rate on the welding PLUS a per "boot" (outside corner) rate PLUS floor prep if it's anything more than cracks and holes.

If you start getting into hospitals and research laboratories there are VERY EXPENSIVE considerations about DUST, NOISE, SMELLS, PARKING, ELEVATORS, DELIVERY, ACCLIMATION, SECURITY CLEARANCE, ACCESS TO OFF LIMITS AREAS, NORMAL WORK HOURS.......blah, blah, blah ad infinitum.

You'd be AMAZED at how easy it is to go BANKRUPT underbidding this kind of work. What it comes down to is that there's about ten thousand dipshits who only see dollar signs with virtually no concept of what's involved. This is so far removed from residential cove kitchens and baths you're not really even in the same trade. Believe you me. I done 'em both.

Last edited:
I'm living in UK and here the charge for cap & coving is £10 a sqm

Or supply and fit between £20/£22

Flat fit is £6

Is that normal prices in america?
i mean are you will be happy to get pay that much for a job per sqm?

Latest posts

Back