Walk down shower

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
I gotta walk in shower to do, everything is absolute shit except for the pan...over concrete. Can I just go over the pan with sumpin if I grind it down?

It has 2 step downs. First step down, 3 x 3 is jacked up, water runs into the back wall instead of into the pan. The walls were done with green board, cracked at the slab level and everything behind is rotted out. Needs framed out. Lucky me. :D

why would you want to keep the pan if it is pitched wrong ?
plus there's no way to tie in the pan waterproofing.

best to rip it all out and build a new pan and waterproof it correctly.

It is not the pan thats pitched wrong. It is the first step down from the slab level that jacked up. That part is not a problem. I can fix that. This starts above grade and 2 steps down into the main pan which is dry packed. Why should I even open that can o worms is what I am asking.

I guess I am not following. There is no water proofing on a drypack on or below grade.

The reason it is rotted out is because there is no pan. A proper pan is drypack on top of a sheet of vinyl pan liner run up the wall one foot all the way round, before the mortar board is installed. tear it out and do it right.

The yahoo's who installed it ran the greenboard down to the pan and it wicked up, cracked around the perimeter at the slab line and water got in there as well. What a mess.

Latest posts

Back