What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here's a couple I made the other day. I didn't plan ahead and couldn't find my pizza peel so I had to use chunks of cardboard and a spatula 😂. It was a pain in the ass but It worked!
Also, parchment paper works great for the oven and pizza stone method. Make your pie right on a sheet with just a pinch of flour, trim paper to about 1/2" bigger than your pie and put the whole thing on the stone. Slides right off and easy to turn on the stone if need be.

Your pies look great Chris. That's just the way I like them! Unfortunately my wife and kid don't appreciate a well done pizza like I do.

PXL_20210222_220812659.jpg

Here's a couple I made the other day. I didn't plan ahead and couldn't find my pizza peel so I had to use chunks of cardboard and a spatula 😂. It was a pain in the ass but It worked!
Also, parchment paper works great for the oven and pizza stone method. Make your pie right on a sheet with just a pinch of flour, trim paper to about 1/2" bigger than your pie and put the whole thing on the stone. Slides right off and easy to turn on the stone if need be.

Your pies look great Chris. That's just the way I like them! Unfortunately my wife and kid don't appreciate a well done pizza like I do.

View attachment 13812
I think you might be winning tom!! Keep it up.

I think you might be winning tom!! Keep it up.

Is that cus he only put black olives on half??? Or cus he improvised and used cardboard. That was pretty clever. Now if I find out Tom used his 5 in 1 to cut the damn thing then I’ll just hang my head in shame and throw the towel in right now. We’ll have to start calling it a 6 in 1 too. Notice how I said 5 in 1, the putty knife is used for scraping wax rings. Or is it the other way around?😳

Alright, back to business. It’s Tuesday and you know what that means. White trash tacos.
80E24D77-6E39-4E8C-82E7-9FC90B044D75.jpeg

Was lookin at red meat while at the store the other day. A ribeye steak is $21! For ONE steak. Granted it was a full pound steak but what the heck. Needles to say I’m not eating ribeye any time soon.

Was lookin at red meat while at the store the other day. A ribeye steak is $21! For ONE steak. Granted it was a full pound steak but what the heck. Needles to say I’m not eating ribeye any time soon.
Our prices for steak beef are expensive as well. pork is cheaper with a lot of pork imported
Been told you can buy our meat, cheese, milk in the USA cheaper than here with it also having to travel all that way
Here is one I found which would be about 46 dollars your money

https://puresouthshop.com/products/...xS53Xb9oNb8Bfi1SOxxbNaSIKF_Lc6sRoCm0wQAvD_BwE

While I was at my pharmacy today (cvs located in Target) I was farting around looking at shit while I waited. I came across that pizza que oven Chris was talking about. It comes in at about $225. I damn near had it in my cart but backed off at the last minute. I could hear my old lady in my ear "do we really need one of those Tom".

So the question is..... Chris, do I really need one? Is it better than the pizza stone in the oven??

I really want to build a brick wood/coal pizza oven in the backyard this spring. But if that thing can cook a pie to perfection then that's the easiest way out in my book.

I got by with a pizza stone in the oven for years and if I think about it I don’t use it all that much, maybe a handful of times a year. So you absolutely do not need one. I thought it was cool and wanted one for years so I pulled the plug and got one. Maybe it adds to the fun of making a pizza for family and friends. You know, the ooo ahhh factor. Other than that your pizza prolly turned out just as well as mine. Maybe better cus there is no learning curve with your oven, you already know it.

The world is going to end. KFC is selling imitation chicken.

Bet it still gives you the real shits😝. Speaking of cheap chicken, I always did like the Banquet frozen chicken. Half hour in the oven and bam you got yourself some good ol fried chicken. Throw some frozen veggies in the mix, maybe a can of corn. It’s like eating a TV dinner without the metal tray, or are they plastic now.

Bet it still gives you the real shits😝. Speaking of cheap chicken, I always did like the Banquet frozen chicken. Half hour in the oven and bam you got yourself some good ol fried chicken. Throw some frozen veggies in the mix, maybe a can of corn. It’s like eating a TV dinner without the metal tray, or are they plastic now.
TV dinner trays are coated cardboard.

CJ out of curiosity why does someone who has been to culinary school become a flooring installer?

The term ‘chef’ is just hot air. Unless you are the actual chef with kitchen staff under you, you’re just a GD cook. Ain’t no money in cookin for a living (waitresses make more than the cooks and I’ve never made a grand a day in the kitchen) and YOU are the one working on a (every) holiday instead of eating out at a nice restaurant with your loved ones. I could also mention the amount of losers in the industry but flooring has just as many so that’s a wash. Same thing with the TV shows, they’re all full of it as compared to the reality of how it is.

Latest posts

Back