What’s Cookin

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
C.J. here is a different way of cooking KIWI style
Been to a few but by the time the food comes around its cold and your hungry :)
Read a couple of the comments at the bottom of the video. Explains it

Last edited:

That looks like it would be an all day or even a weekend type deal. Bunch of family and friends gathered together enjoying life. What kind of kiwi beer goes with that?

Those hot rocks are enough to cook that much meat? I thought they were going to put the rest of those hot logs and coals on top.
And why didn't they use palm leaves instead of burlap bags? ...or does the burlap add that special "taste of New Zealand" that visitors will never forget? 😁

Those hot rocks are enough to cook that much meat? I thought they were going to put the rest of those hot logs and coals on top.
And why didn't they use palm leaves instead of burlap bags? ...or does the burlap add that special "taste of New Zealand" that visitors will never forget? 😁
Maybe cause they soak those sacks with water to create steam
The people who put the hangis down got all pi...off when the carpet manufacturers changed from a jute type product to plastic for wrapping the carpet rolls. They reckon the taste wasnt the same :)

That looks like it would be an all day or even a weekend type deal. Bunch of family and friends gathered together enjoying life. What kind of kiwi beer goes with that?

They used to put hangis down as that was the way Maoris used to cook before us Europeans arrived. They still cook this way for down for larger events
Kiwis dont really mind what kind of beer it is as long as its beer
Re the lemons ours are bitter and bars put the slices into glasses of gin. I would not try to eat one
https://www.mitre10.co.nz/gardenclub/article/citrus-treesOur unloved lemon tree but it does have a few lemons on it every now and then

Attachments

• LEMON TREE.jpg
    LEMON TREE.jpg
    594.3 KB · Views: 8
Last edited:
Mmmm. Haven’t had spaghetti in a while.

Jon, not sure if your lemons are bitter or just lonely. That tree just needs a little love and I’m sure those lemons would sweeten right up.

Last edited:
Peanut butter and mayo with chips in the sandwich.

I’m gonna hold off on the mayo. My kids spread the Mayo on and grill em. I can’t bring myself to do that. Ain’t right. Just gimmie some Cheese its and I’ll be fine. I miss the Tabasco Cheese its. The new hot n spicy ones ain’t the same.

Maybe cause they soak those sacks with water to create steam
The people who put the hangis down got all pi...off when the carpet manufacturers changed from a jute type product to plastic for wrapping the carpet rolls. They reckon the taste wasnt the same :)
Haggis??? 😲
I thought it was food they were cooking.
I just didn't think there was enough heat with the stones alone.

highup have you ever tried Haggis?
Not for me thank you
https://www.britannica.com/topic/haggis
When I discovered the internet many years ago, the first website I joined was called Chevytalk.
One of the moderators was from Scotland and went by the name of Scotty.... Clever wasn't it. 😁
Without him I don't know if I had ever run into the word haggis before. Describing the delicacy.....
.....made me much more inclined to never eat a delicacy, especially when from Scotland. 😉
Even if it tastes good, knowing what it is would affect my ability to put the fork neary mouth.
....same thing whould happen if someone mentioned eating yummy delicacies like this.
I simply eat food because it's something that's necessary to do.
Knitting wool caps and collecting stamps are not necessities to me. Food is, and I do it because I have to. Ask me if I want to rib eye or filet mignon, or pizza and I'd go for the pizza. Getting fancy means hitting the salad bar. 😁
Its just fuel.😉

Attachments

• IEVORPRZSSLYBHP2YOGSQAEMOU.jpg
    IEVORPRZSSLYBHP2YOGSQAEMOU.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 9
Now don't get me started on chocolate chip cookies. Those are a necessity and a delicacy. They are more so, with a glass of milk. 😉

I’ve wanted one of these for years. Eating out is damn expensive here so I broke down and ordered one. Gonna have to pick up another propane tank and break this puppy in this weekend.

View attachment 13760View attachment 13761

I have been kicking around the idea of buying a real pizza oven or building a wood/coal fired oven out back for a while now.
We have a pizza stone that goes in our oven that works very good but still doesn't deliver that char on the crust type of pizza I love.

I a pizza lover myself and like to do our own because like you said, shit gets expensive real quick. A large deluxe pie and a dozen wings comes in at around $50 at our local pizza joint!

I already bought a small commercial fryer because I love chicken wings (I know, I'm fat. Lol). Ordering wings out got ridiculous & most places don't have the sauces I like the best. Asian zing, boss sauce & country sweet are literally god's gift to me. 😂

Latest posts

Back