What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Floorist, that is another beautiful lake! I kind of miss when my uncle had a house next to a lake in Mississippi. We used to drive out to visit him and we'd go fishing together. It was very serene and I used to love fishing (even though I never really liked eating fish).

Highup, I'm glad you fixed things for the customer.

Saturday night is dance night. Father-daughter dance. Taking my 10 year old granddaughter and 8 year old great granddaughter. One short this year. My 9 year old granddaughter is at a gymnastic competition. She has already qualified for state.

I went down the Mississippi on a steam boat from Tenn.. Boy is that some muddy water ..
Yeah, there's a reason they have "Mississippi mud bars". LOL. That is one ugly river. We went on a paddle boat type thing on a school field trip on the Mississippi river. I remember thinking how bad it looked compared to the ocean in California and the lake near my uncle's house.

Saturday night is dance night. Father-daughter dance. Taking my 10 year old granddaughter and 8 year old great granddaughter. One short this year. My 9 year old granddaughter is at a gymnastic competition. She has already qualified for state.
I hope you have fun at the dance, and congrats to your gymnast granddaughter! I've always been very impressed with gymnasts. I never cared much for sports, but I enjoyed watching the gymnastics competitions during the Olympics. The agility, strength, and control required are just amazing.

Good for her .. Have a great time .. Your legs going to hold up ? :D

My granddaughter...Between the 3 meets so far sh has taken 1st,2nd and 3rd on trampoline; 1st, 1st and 2nd on tumbling; and 1st, 2nd (flight) with 3rd overall and 3rd on double mini.

27654639_1790410511029611_428449490161074437_n.jpg

That's gotta make a Grandpa proud. She's gotta be one happy little girl. What is her reaction to stompin everyone's butt?
Did you teach her this stuff? ;)

I expect a Public Apology after the game.. :)
OK, Ok, OK................
Short and quick. You're right, tho I thought you were left. :D
I missed the 1st half because I was working. Got home minutes prior to the halftime. Pretty good game once the Patriots got on top and kept the game in suspense right up till the end. I never really had a favorite. I just picked the Patriots from watching their last playoff game.
(note to self, give your Magic 8-Ball to the thrift store and include a disclaimer)

Apology Accepted .. Although i was rooting for the Eagles since i had money on them .. My favorite team is the one that covers the spread ..

Thanks Folks.gif

At some point in the late 3rd qtr, if the Eagles scored once and the Patriots scored 3 times, I woulda had $100 coming to me. :D Up and till the last 3 minutes a long shot would have gotten me $200.
I bought a 6 pack of beer and a dollar scratch ticket. -$7 on the beer, -$1 on the ticket, then the ticket was a $10 winner. So 60 cents deposit for the cans and I'm ahead $2.60 :D
-$5 each on two squares on the game board....... and it's -$7.40 for the weekend. :D
A guy has to watch teams as close as you and Rusty if you're gonna get serious. I've never paid serious attention to the teams when I watch. Kinda like watching golf. It's those rare or unbelievable plays or shots that make the games fun to watch......... closer the scores are, the more fun. Hate blowouts unless it's local HS football and the Pirates are whippin' Bulldogs butt. :D

Last edited:
I was in 3 pools , One a $50,000 pool that cost $500.00. Every time the score changed the winner got $1,500.00 And the last score got $10,000 . Missed the 1500 one twice , and the ten grand by the last score ..

Luckily I played the Money line and got my Money back .. No more Pools for me .. Always a Brides maid, Never a Bride ..

35 years ago, my brother was setting to suck in a cool $1000 or $5000 on a local bar's game card. I don't recall the payout details, but it was $100 per square and payed on every score change and quarter, plus the final. ......with minutes or seconds to go, the impossible happened.
..............................He hates the Cowboys to this very day. :D

Last edited:
Phila hate's the Cowboys .. I started when they started calling themselves Americas Team .. I didn't vote on that one !!

Latest posts

Back