What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had planned on going back to work. But not so sure now. Flooring is considered non-essential. And I don't want to be around a bunch of people. I took no restrictions to mean a lot of naps.

I got free pizza again today. I like being over 6 feet away from people who deliver pizza way over there on the table saw.
I've been pretty fortunate At a time when the local Carpet One closed because of Corona, I have been working on some nice jobs. Not getting rich, but a couple weeks of steady 6 hour days. Still have that much to do. I'm happy to still be deemed essential..... locally anyway.

I was feeling better today & my friend asked for help on his bathroom. I wore a mask the whole time just in case. He was taking his old shower out and installing a tub/shower & needed help with with planning & plumbing. I also brought tools (speed square, measuring tape, jigsaw, handsaw). I knew what parts were called & how to put them together. Good thing I got him a modular drain kit because he needed a direct drain as there was a joist below the overflow.

I gave him suggestions on how to reinforce the walls, give extra support, helped him troubleshoot some problems, handed him tools, swapped out attachments, handed him screws, etc. I showed him a shortcut for measuring as well.

Ran in to a couple of snags though.
First was where I got to say "I told you so" because months ago I told him there was no way the old shower was going to fit through the bathroom door, through the bedroom door into the kitchen and out the front door. He'd brought in through the back when the wall was opened up but insisted it was going to fit. He realized he was wrong so he had to take apart the wall to the back room to get it in, and later will have to move furniture out of the way and temporarily open the exterior wall up to take it out.

The toilet jack I got works great-- it was able to pull the toilet & move it all around & set it down out of the way.

Which brings us to snag #2: The best place to move the toilet happened to be right over a huge beam. If we put the toilet to the right of it, it wouldn't be able to connect to the rest of the plumbing bc the beam was in the way & the ground is very close to the bottom of the beam. If we put it to the left of the beam, people would be hitting their knees on the shower. So we ended up having to cram the toilet in a cubby between the wall & shower (still on it's same flange) but turned sideways. So far it looks good.

I had to leave to take medicine and make sure my mother had food, but his fiance has been sending me updates. Tomorrow will probably be painting day. I have to pick up more cat food because I think my cats are getting ready to eat me. They were trying to spill condiments on me earlier. :p

Free pizza sounds good. The Police have some good songs. I remember one of their songs was used in the movie "Cat's Eye". The stalker song "I'll be watching you".

I feel like crap today. Jittery, have the chills (but no fever), woke up sweating, & just generally feel cruddy. Stomach hates me-- probably from the fried chicken last night. Scrapped my plans for today bc I feel too crappy to go to the store so I'll have to send my brother (who is still feeling better).

The CR-V is due to renew registration this month, but DMV is closed. They didn't send out the paperwork for renewal so I don't know how I'm going to get it renewed. Also need to renew inspection sticker on my truck.

Think I will use my stimulus check to help a gun store.
I'm not holding my breath on getting that check. Things are to wishy washy. But according to moma I'm elgibile to draw unemployment here. Don't know if I'm going to sign up for it or not, just don't feel right to me. I know I still have a business name and all that and have only done a very small amount of binding since the first of the year, buuut. I don't want to screw the pouch if you know what I mean.

I'm not holding my breath on getting that check. Things are to wishy washy. But according to moma I'm elgibile to draw unemployment here. Don't know if I'm going to sign up for it or not, just don't feel right to me. I know I still have a business name and all that and have only done a very small amount of binding since the first of the year, buuut. I don't want to screw the pouch if you know what I mean.
I might be able to get it, but I won't try.

I don't have any. Dropped it when I retired. Was going to start it back up and they wanted a serious amount more because I was insured before, said screw it. Besides everybody I worked for had insurance on me anyway just to cover their butts incase of something going south.

Anyone else have issues using recaptia when joining a forum?
https://images.app.goo.gl/sEvFJe2EYiQU4grQ7Bout ready to blow a cork. 7 attempts to fill in info to join sawmill creek. Each failed attempt also means refilling other data again. Letters are so bizzar I can't tell even tell upper or lower cases. I even refreshed the image option 5 to 6 times and can't find one that looks obvious enough to try to use. :mad::mad::mad:

I feel like garbage today & am taking Samuel L Jackson's advice.
My face feels numb, I had the chills earlier. I keep getting light-headed. Temp was only 97.9 so no fever though. Just feel run down.

You can buy seeds, just not through a nursery. Grocery store hardware is fine. Bought some this morning matter of fact. There is so much BS being said without merit. Just like can't mow your lawn, you can mow your own lawn just not use a lawn service. They are trying to get it where people are close to one another. The real killer is NO to golfing. Some people are really up in the air over that, but like the gov says it takes approximately 7-8 people to handle one golfer before it is over and then they aren't staying the 6 ft apart that is required. They don't understand staying apart. You wait who will scream the loudest if one of them or their kids come down with the virus. I guess the oppenants of all this are trying to get a march on Lansing on Weds. Hope they get arrested actually.
At the time this is just in affect until April 30 and then we'll see if it gets extended, probably will as we are the 5th highest state with the virus.

Latest posts

Back