What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was bored today so I decided to make some ‘art’. I call it Casper the Carpenter.
09504762-1E33-400C-BFCD-93CF60CA5482.jpeg

Do you use one remote to program the second one? That technology is way beyond the black gorilla tape that's holding the drivers door handle on my S10 😁

I was bored today so I decided to make some ‘art’. I call it Casper the Carpenter.
View attachment 12303
If you put 12 of those side by side you'd have a tool rack. I like your artwork.
I've been scared to leave the house today. I figured if I got out to the main road the car would switch on to autopilot and go directly to where I've been working every day for the last month.
To be safe maybe I can unhook the battery and then hook it back up to reboot the truck so it can't remember anything.

Are you going to put a trim piece where the ceiling and wall meet?

I ripped a bunch of 1/4” scribe pieces out of the same material but just haven’t put them up yet. The wife was supposed to visit one of her friends out of town this summer but that’s not happening this year so… That’s when I do a lot of work around the house.

Sold my Harbor Freight Hercules 12 inch miter saw and stand for $300. Done with any home improvement that would need it. Wood is too expensive anyway. When you can buy furniture cheaper than you can build it, it’s time to free up space in the garage. I have to say though, I got a lot of good use out of it.

Went to Texas Roadhouse last night. Wanted to go for wings at a local bar and grill. But chicken is too expensive. Never thought I’d see the day when I’d give up wings for steak because beef is a better buy!

I bought a whole chicken at the grocery store the other day for almost $10. Used to be $3? A lot of restaurants around here have been out of chicken wings. Beef has always been expensive here so at least that hasn’t changed.

Wood is crazy expensive right now. I’ve been waiting for the slow down to hit because of it but so far so good. Luckily I’m working on custom homes on the lake. Those people have a little more money than someone buying a D.R. Horton or a Ryan cookie cutter house.

When you can buy furniture cheaper than you can build it, it’s time to free up space in the garage
This drives me insane but it is so very true. A few years ago I was attempting to make Maple shaker doors for some cabinets. I could not make them cheaper than I could buy them and that was not accounting for my time. At that point I gave up and decided that there was no benefit. It is a crazy world that we live in.

This drives me insane but it is so very true. A few years ago I was attempting to make Maple shaker doors for some cabinets. I could not make them cheaper than I could buy them and that was not accounting for my time. At that point I gave up and decided that there was no benefit. It is a crazy world that we live in.

I keep hearing about this ghost inventory of wood in Canada. You tellin me they’re holding out on you too?

CJ, I love your wall art!

Last night one of my cousin's called-- she's the only female cousin on my dad's side. There are only 2 surviving 1st cousins- the one that called and her older brother. She went through a nasty divorce a few years ago and has been trying to rebuild her life. Guy was such a creep that she couldn't get much out of the divorce. Legally she could have gotten more but her attorney was convinced the ex would literally murder my cousin if she asked for more. He actually tried to leave her with nothing and tried to prevent her from having ANY contact with the kids. Ended up with her getting the house (which she had to sell) and 50/50 custody of the kids--much to the chagrin of the kids because he's a malignant narcissist. She said that she didn't realize how bad it had been until she was free of him. Said taking 20+hours of college classes while working two jobs & being a single mom living paycheck to paycheck was less stressful than sharing a room with him. I really wish I could go kick his a**. He's one of those guys who thinks women are lesser so he treated the daughters horribly. The older one no longer speaks to him and the younger one is suicidal and started harming herself because of him. The boys turned out OK but are not happy with how he treats people. Anyway, she's bringing the oldest to see the paternal grandfather (without the ex knowing bc he will crap a brick) and will be in Louisiana. She wants to meet up with us next weekend. She's a bit nervous because she knows her ex might cause problems if he finds out. Especially since he's racist and the daughter's fiance is Hispanic.

I will probably go to the grocery store today and get potstickers. Maybe pop in to see my friend before going to the store. I'll have to see when my brother wakes up if he wants to go with me. He'll be cranky because he needs to take the trash out in the kitchen again.

Watched some videos on Youtube. This one was linked in a woodworking group:

I immediately thought of Highup and his ingenuity on making and improving stuff.
There's another video on how to make a log lift but I haven't watched it just yet.

I keep hearing about this ghost inventory of wood in Canada. You tellin me they’re holding out on you too?
I keep hearing about it, but I have yet to see it. I can buy lumber at source, i don't because I do not often need a whole lift and the prices have not even come close to bottoming on the current commodity price I can tell you that so if this inventory exists, people are holding it.

Sold my Harbor Freight Hercules 12 inch miter saw and stand for $300. Done with any home improvement that would need it. Wood is too expensive anyway. When you can buy furniture cheaper than you can build it, it’s time to free up space in the garage. I have to say though, I got a lot of good use out of it.
Someone on these flooring forums recommended to me to buy a flooring nailer for a job that I was looking at. They said to buy a good quality neighbor because it could be used for one job and then resold for a decent price. It would be far less expensive than renting one for a week. If a project crops up you can always go looking for a used one.

If you guys want some cool weather I can send this up to you
I am glad I live in the middle of the North Island and dont really ever get temps like this
Wasnt that cold when we were at Antarctica
https://www.msn.com/en-nz/news/nati...rning-issued/ar-AALsXz1?ocid=msedgdhp&pc=U531
It's approaching 10:00 a.m. and we're about to hit 70° already. I'm going to take a stab that we hit 80 or maybe a tiny bit higher than that today. I suppose I'd rather have $80 than to have minus anything.
That's why it's not called global warming anymore. It's climate change because that covers all bases. 🙈

Latest posts

Back