What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The trip was for observing. Just a coincidence that the Perseid Meteor shower happens that week. And the 12th is my birthday too. Anyway, the storms in northern Pennsylvania and the smoke from the west coast made it less than ideal so we canceled.
Instead, I decided to paint my bedroom, which I wanted to do for past 3 years.
Came out pretty good. Done in 2 days. No trim to paint though.
Same color as the customer picked in the house I'm working on. Looks good with the grey and white stone counters and nickle handles and stainless appliances.

Playing with making a console. Bought home gauges but can't find a place to mount them. I could mount a newer style 'head' and toss my Honda radio. The dash already has the middle center vents. shown in my crappy on the fly sketch. The radio is directly below the vents. I'm thinking mount the gauges where the radio is, the mount the new one below those. The add a few switches and usp ports. Once this pice is made, add on the rest including an armrest with storage and holders for drinks and phones.
See what happens when I have idle time. šŸ„“
GM put the very worst colors imaginable in the gauge cluster in the dashboard of these antique S10 pickups. Driving down the road on a sunny day the gauge cluster is virtually invisible except for this speedometer..... sort of.
It's much darker than this picture shows.

Attachments

• PXL_20210816_032049749.jpg
    PXL_20210816_032049749.jpg
    205.4 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20210816_032353239~2.jpg
    PXL_20210816_032353239~2.jpg
    203.2 KB · Views: 16
  • PXL_20210816_032814210.jpg
    PXL_20210816_032814210.jpg
    162.7 KB · Views: 16
Today I used a backpack lawn sprayer for the first time. Applying a liquid aeration product and a root growth stimulant. Applied 10 gallons over 10,000 square feet. Walked every inch of lawn. I was walking almost constantly for 2 hours. Guess my heart is in good shape. Going to do it again this weekend for the other 2 products.

Bought some 95-5 hamburger from a local farmer for $4.50 a lb.
That's going to barbecue like burnt shoe leather. šŸ˜
Haven't checked the prices around here but it seems like grocery prices are up. They don't raise the price of a box of cereal 15 cents they raise it 50 cents. Our local Fred Meyers (Krogers) has some good sales.
3 times in the past 4 months the have had super low prices on Cereal. Twice it was .99 cents, but you had to buy 5. This time $1.49 for five or more.

That's going to barbecue like burnt shoe leather. šŸ˜
Haven't checked the prices around here but it seems like grocery prices are up. They don't raise the price of a box of cereal 15 cents they raise it 50 cents. Our local Fred Meyers (Krogers) has some good sales.
3 times in the past 4 months the have had super low prices on Cereal. Twice it was .99 cents, but you had to buy 5. This time $1.49 for five or more.
Fries up very tender, no water in it like store meat.

Today I did 3.5 more bathrooms, tomorrow ill do 3.5 more bathrooms, the day after that I'll do 3.5 more bathrooms....
I'm on track to finish the bathrooms sometime around the end of October.
Then there are 148 suites of vinyl plank, at 76 thousand sqft, however you want to read it, I suppose I'll be crazy before this one ends.

Last edited:
Today I did 3.5 more bathrooms, tomorrow ill do 3.5 more bathrooms, the day after that I'll do 3.5 more bathrooms....
I'm on track to finish the bathrooms sometime around the end of October.
Then there are 148 suites of vinyl plank, at 76 thousand sqft, however you want to read it, I suppose I'll be crazy before this one ends.

That is far too long to be working in one place. 3 to 4 days max is about what Iā€™m comfortable with them Iā€™m ready to move on.

That is far too long to be working in one place. 3 to 4 days max is about what Iā€™m comfortable with them Iā€™m ready to move on.
I use to think like that but now I like to just set up camp and go to work. You get systems and you get faster and more efficient every day. Plus, after the first 28 or so, you don't have to think much anymore.

16292285920453809447774238691044.jpg

I got this!

occupied changes the name of the game for me. Give me a brand new commercial building any day and I am happy as can be.

Speaking of which, my bad brain time sad face is apparently over and I am hella happy to be at work again. Weird how the mind works sometimes.

Latest posts

Back