What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I started watching this guy's channel quite a while ago. He has one of the fanciest machine shops that exists. It's fascinating watching the machines that he has and their products that he can produce with them.
The fun part of his videos is his Tony Robbins like attitude.
Over his lifetime he has had many setbacks but he is such a positive thinker, he cannot be stopped.

CJ, it's on Thursday. As is typical for my birthday week, things have already gone to $#!+. O'Reilly's had the belt for the pump. We put it on but when I turned power back on I could hear it wasn't running properly. By the time I got out the front door and around to the back (can't go out the back door) it had stopped but I could smell something burning. The wheeled pump wouldn't move and I could smell something burning from the jet pump's direction. I didn't look at it, I just ran back in and turned the power off. Called the service guy but got voicemail answer. I hope he can respond soon. I might see if my friend can look at it but I'm pretty sure the switch & wires to it got fried.

What if you act a little nutty and call him your therapy pet.

Yea, they already thought of that one. As I said, since I go out twice a day, I can't leave him alone and under most circumstances I can't take him in the car due to weather. Might come up with a plan when I retire.

A friend came by today to show me his new car. All new construction, but a 1955 Chevy BelAir. I choked when he said he spent $185k for it. Resized_20211003_121340.jpeg

A friend came by today to show me his new car. All new construction, but a 1955 Chevy BelAir. I choked when he said he spent $185k for it.View attachment 13058

Can’t take the money with you when you go so why not enjoy it while you still can. No way I could spend that much on a car but I’m sure I’d find other ways to make it disappear just as quickly.

Turns out despite the belt saying it was 49" the replacement 49" was about an inch too long so we had to go with 48" and the wheel on the motor end had to be removed to get it to fit. But now the motor is shaking and the piston end is making noise. Ugh. I hope the well service guy will call back so we can have him look at it just in case. I wonder if it's possible to replace it with a 1hp jet pump or some other sort of pump. Maybe something more energy efficient. I *think* it pushes air rather than pulls. The wheels spin clockwise.

Can’t take the money with you when you go so why not enjoy it while you still can. No way I could spend that much on a car but I’m sure I’d find other ways to make it disappear just as quickly.
He has serious heart problems. Just got out of the hospital after staying there 2 months. He said he has to go under the knife next week, so I'm sure he wants a bit of enjoyment before facing reality. He was my neighbor when I was ages 2-5. We moved but been my buddy for 60 years. His dad died 2 weeks after retirement at the age of 65. He is a realist, but damn, that's alot of moola. He just made me go out and buy $40 in Powerball tickets. Maybe I too will be able to get something fun to drive.

He has serious heart problems. Just got out of the hospital after staying there 2 months. He said he has to go under the knife next week, so I'm sure he wants a bit of enjoyment before facing reality. He was my neighbor when I was ages 2-5. We moved but been my buddy for 60 years. His dad died 2 weeks after retirement at the age of 65. He is a realist, but damn, that's alot of moola. He just made me go out and buy $40 in Powerball tickets. Maybe I too will be able to get something fun to drive.
Just buy one. If you bought $5,000 of them it wouldn't really increase your odds. 😉

A friend came by today to show me his new car. All new construction, but a 1955 Chevy BelAir. I choked when he said he spent $185k for it.View attachment 13058
If someone builds a car from the ground up it's going to cost a lot more than a factory built one and the price doesn't surprise me. For that price I'm sure there's not a single part of that car that doesn't look pretty.

Dropped off Hunter at kennel Monday. Picking him up around 4. Miss my buddy!
I hope you have better luck than I did a couple weeks ago. I kenneled Coc for the first time a couple weeks ago. When I picked her up she had Kennel cough. Our vet where the kennel is says it isn't their fault, but my dog didn't have any symtoms before and had not been around any other dogs before this. We are now talking of changing vets but the groomer we have is also in the same building and is tied to them.

If someone builds a car from the ground up it's going to cost a lot more than a factory built one and the price doesn't surprise me. For that price I'm sure there's not a single part of that car that doesn't look pretty.
You're correct. This car was built by Metalworks, in Eugene, Oregon. Here is a video of the build.

I picked up mail and some of my prescriptions.

Briefly talked to a friend who works at Walmart. We got on the topic of rude customers & he told me about how when he first started working there he'd come from being a bouncer so he still had that ingrained in him. He said he walked around the corner & heard some guy shouting profanities and racial slurs at two female employees at the service desk. In his head he said "Oh hell no!" and rushed over. The guy was reaching across the counter to attack one of the women so my friend grabbed him by the hair and bounced his head off the top of the counter, grabbed him by the arms, dragged him outside, and threw him on the ground in the parking lot. Everyone stared at him in shock and the head of AP (asset protection) was called in. AP guy reviewed the footage, laughed hysterically, deleted the footage and said "This never happened". Then told him that while he appreciated what he did, he wasn't allowed to do that. One of the women who was being yelled at was a supervisor. She took him aside and told him anytime he wanted days off or extra hours or anything to let her know. So he can call in whenever he wants without getting points.

Still haven't found my cat or my phone. I'm hoping my phone is around here somewhere and that it didn't get stepped on. I got a birthday card from my uncle. One of these days I need to send him a birthday card.

Latest posts

Back