What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Taking care of business today. So far so good.

011806C6-A470-42EC-AC22-8C782278B078.jpeg

My prices for smog check didn't include annual registration. My 3 year old Cad, the annual registration is $495. My 2003 Toyota Tacoma, I pay $255. The 2013 Kia Sorrento was $198. Let's not talk insurance!

Personal property tax, so I can buy tags, is under $200 a year. It is only that high because I have 3 vehicles and two trailers. That lets me license whatever vehicles I have, 3 right now. Tags are around $55 for 2 years. Liability insurance on all 3 is $89 a month. Lifetime tags for a trailer is $55.

I think it's $30 for registration here (and that is the reduced price for people with handicap plates) annually. Inspection sticker is $10 per year but you can pay $20 and get 2 years. No emissions tests fortunately. But it's ironic hey insist vehicles be fit for roads that aren't fit to be driven on.

Fedex put a huge package on my porch that is blocking any egress. It's for my neighbor and it's too heavy for me to move. I happened to notice the street name said my neighbor's family name on it. I don't know if it's because they had a sign with that name in front of the driveway or if they are trying to illegally change the road name again. I'm going to call the guy in charge of road stuff tomorrow morning and talk to him about it. My street sign was stolen shortly after their old man died and I believe they did it. I asked for him to have it put back up and he said he would but it's been months. I suspect the street name is in dispute. Don't know if they can legally change it without our consent though. I thought they were done with their petty bs of trying to get at us.

I didn't feel well so I mostly slept. Needed that sleep. I will have to go to the store to pick up rx tomorrow. I asked the clerk to have the doctor set my prescription to 90 days but screwed up and put it in for another 30 day one. No sign of cat or phone still. I couldn't really go out and look for the cat because of the large package I couldn't get past on the porch. I called the neighbor to inform her but her kid answered and said he'd have his dad come get it. Not sure if he did or not. I'm going to have to call FedEx if they didn't and say I want it removed. But hopefully it won't come to that. the box it came in arrived all ripped up.

I'm starting to look in to new phones in case I can't find my old phone. I really don't want to have to get a new one with the prices they have. Might try to hold out until black friday to see if there is a sale or something. I'll have to see if mom will let me borrow her phone at all. I wish I could remember where I last saw my phone.

I think it's $30 for registration here (and that is the reduced price for people with handicap plates) annually. Inspection sticker is $10 per year but you can pay $20 and get 2 years. No emissions tests fortunately. But it's ironic hey insist vehicles be fit for roads that aren't fit to be driven on.

Fedex put a huge package on my porch that is blocking any egress. It's for my neighbor and it's too heavy for me to move. I happened to notice the street name said my neighbor's family name on it. I don't know if it's because they had a sign with that name in front of the driveway or if they are trying to illegally change the road name again. I'm going to call the guy in charge of road stuff tomorrow morning and talk to him about it. My street sign was stolen shortly after their old man died and I believe they did it. I asked for him to have it put back up and he said he would but it's been months. I suspect the street name is in dispute. Don't know if they can legally change it without our consent though. I thought they were done with their petty bs of trying to get at us.

I didn't feel well so I mostly slept. Needed that sleep. I will have to go to the store to pick up rx tomorrow. I asked the clerk to have the doctor set my prescription to 90 days but screwed up and put it in for another 30 day one. No sign of cat or phone still. I couldn't really go out and look for the cat because of the large package I couldn't get past on the porch. I called the neighbor to inform her but her kid answered and said he'd have his dad come get it. Not sure if he did or not. I'm going to have to call FedEx if they didn't and say I want it removed. But hopefully it won't come to that. the box it came in arrived all ripped up.

I'm starting to look in to new phones in case I can't find my old phone. I really don't want to have to get a new one with the prices they have. Might try to hold out until black friday to see if there is a sale or something. I'll have to see if mom will let me borrow her phone at all. I wish I could remember where I last saw my phone.
I jumped on the Walmart freight train when I first bought a cell phone. It was a flip phone and I think 30 bucks a month.
2 years ago I bought a "real phone" for the first time because I had job that paid well enough. The monthly charges were 45 bucks a month instead of 30.
Walmarts cheaper $30 straight talk plan could not be used with an Android. For $45 it gives you 25 GB which at first seems like plenty but I started watching a lot of videos. I discovered that for the first few months that I could reduce the video quality and get a bunch more video time.
I've been able to afford the straight talk unlimited plan which gives unlimited data usage. They say after 60 GB they reserve the right to modify your plan. I use this thing all the time and I've upped my video quality considerably and I still only hit 30 to 35 GB per month with a lot of usage.
I don't know if they have any kind of family plan or shared plan but I don't know if anything else competes with straight talk.

I love this foul mouth genius on YouTube he goes by ATV. He's got a daughter who he's always called chickadee. This video is from 3 years ago. I hadn't seen this one. She's got to be a itty bitty kid at this time but she's got a lot of stuff figured out pretty good. She's got a good dad.
Since this is 3 years old I'm guessing she's already had her mouth washed out with soap quite a few times in school. 😁

Anyway it's pretty cute. She's hanging out in the shop with Papa.

Oh dear, another video of his dated 3 years ago.
I watched tons of his video but I haven't seen this one either.
I don't know how old chickadee is because I don't know how she was when this video was done but you certainly know she likes hanging out with Papa in the shop.

Damn, I love Arizona even more. $127.09 for everything to switch over. Tags, title, plate, license and a $25 fee cus I went to an authorized service center instead of waiting for hours at the actual dmv.

One of my aunts lives in Arizona. I wonder if she's still in real estate... My favorite aunt still lives in California.

I called the police juror to try to sort out the road name thing but he never picked up. I left a message on the answering machine.

Went into town to paint my a cabinet at my friend's house. I had him cover the butcherblock in case I dripped. Good thing because the ladder wobbled and I dripped. He hadn't extended it fully so it was wonky. It dried quickly enough that I was able to do a 2nd coat before I left. Went to the grocery store with my brother. Forgot to stop at the post office which triggered mom to have a temper tantrum. I dissected a rotisserie chicken and am now about to take a nap. My back noped out on me so I'm lying down.

Found out my friend's b***y ex is buying a house on the same street. I hope she doesn't try to send her son over to hang out. My friend hates that kid. He's a menace but it's his mom's fault. The good thing is that his daughter will be closer though. I just hope the ex doesn't start wanting him to drive her places.

Damn, I love Arizona even more. $127.09 for everything to switch over. Tags, title, plate, license and a $25 fee cus I went to an authorized service center instead of waiting for hours at the actual dmv.
CJ, we've been eyeing Prescott for 4 years, to the point that we already have realtors picked out. They told us last year to wait, since their home prices exploded. This week, they called again to say prices are dropping by 1/4th, overnight. Yes, it is all relative since once they drop, so does So Cal.

CJ, we've been eyeing Prescott for 4 years, to the point that we already have realtors picked out. They told us last year to wait, since their home prices exploded. This week, they called again to say prices are dropping by 1/4th, overnight. Yes, it is all relative since once they drop, so does So Cal.

I know a few guys that work in Prescott so they can beat the summer heat in the valley. Don’t think you have emissions up their either.

Rusty, I don't know if you're only talking about Arizona but where I live they are out of a lot of things.

I'm trying to see if I can pester my friend or his gf in to sending me pics of the cabinet I painted. My mom was complaining the house was cold but I was sweating.

Latest posts

Back