What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hit a culvert last night and destroyed the right rear tire. Was supposed to leave tomorrow for vacation. Might be able to get out early afternoon.
Don't you wonder sometimes about the timing? Same thing happened to me, probably back in the mid-90s. I was all packed up and slowly moseying my way out of town. I made a stop at my brother's house. I was backing from the driveway and started making a slow turn out onto the street when I bumped into the curb. The sidewalks in town used to have those metal edges on them. Kind of like they do with sheetrock corners these days. I don't know how it happened but that metal piece had been pulled out part way and I managed to gently graze it with the sidewalls of my tires. I was moving about a billionth of a mile per hour, looking out for traffic. They don't repair side walls.
My pick up had BF Goodrich ta50 series tires on them, not something that's available in town. I went down to one of the local tire stores and ask them how long will it take to get one. The guy said hold on just a minute and walked into the back room. He came back out and said we have two of them in the back room. One of the employees had ordered some for his own car but they've been sitting there for a couple of months. He sold me a tire and ordered a new one for the employee. I was literally back on the road in an hour. That would have been in August as I was heading out to the center of the state where they don't have fog....
.....during the meteor shower. 😉
Hope things work out good for you Tom.

Have a load of brush to haul. City lets us dump it for free. Then they grind it and give away the mulch free.
They have a brush pickup day here. Actually I suppose it's at least a week. People just drag their tree trimmings and Bush trimmings and stuff out to the curb and the city crews come around and pick it all up.

I did me some drywall, wired 8 pot lights, laid 6 sheets of 1/2 inch subfloor, tore up the hardwood to lay 6 sheets of subfloor, tore out 2 sheets of drywall, wired 4 more lines off my main panel for kitchen counter plugs, the fridge and dishwasher. Took my 5 year old to the dump and still managed to go for a ride in my car. It was a long day and I am frumped but IKEA is bringing a kitchen on tuesday so I had to at least make it look like I was getting ready for the wifes sake. Who would have thought that 72 hours after I order it it would be at my house. Lets just say, not me.
8 pot lights? How much pot are you growing?

CJ, I'll let my friend know. The stuff I've been putting on (that he picked out) takes 6 hours to dry but 72 hours to cure (to be food safe) and he doesn't like having to wait. I'll talk to him about it when I work on painting the wall cabinet he just installed.
microwavecabinkunfin1.jpg
Speaking of scavengers, I bought a faucet that I was going to use in the guest bathroom but ended up giving it to my friend when he got the older vanity. I was going to take it back when I saw he put the other vanity outside but his mom came by and took the faucet before I could get it. When he put his old chair outside for us, his mom tried to take it but he caught her and told her it was ours. Pretty sure she would have taken it when he wasn't looking if he hadn't alerted us so we could come get it. She doesn't have an actual job but she gets aid off the books for cleaning people's houses. Friend said he's pretty sure she steals from them and she keeps dumping stuff on his porch or in his yard. Probably bc she doesn't want to get caught with stolen stuff where she lives. It's one of the reasons we've turned down her offer to come clean at hour house. Someone would have to watch her- plus she doesn't know where we live and I'm pretty sure if she did she'd come back with a trailer to load up our stuff. She rolls around in a flatbed towtruck that can carry things.

Shoulder is bugging me more today and I pretty much slept most of the day. I woke up in the middle of the night, saw Mom was still up and cooked for her. Still no sign of my phone or my favorite cat. :-(
It's really bugging me that I can't remember where I last saw my phone. Could have sworn it was on my desk. I hope I didn't drop it at my friend's house and that his mom didn't steal it. I'm still mad at myself for losing it bc I've never lost a phone before.

I went a little overboard with the wood in my house but it’s all natural and that was my whole goal. I can tell when it’s time for more oil cus the countertops start to look a little ashy. I think what your friend used is a bit more long lasting than just plain ol mineral oil but a few more coats definitely goes a long way to building up the wear layer, just like a hardwood floor. The thing I like about using mineral oil is I can just spot touch up anywhere and it all blends. I just ordered a gallon from Amazon for maybe $19.

E29724B5-44C2-46B2-B615-610C198230CF.jpeg21C1EBC0-DEA2-4502-BD8E-09C3E955E7D1.jpeg

Once upon a time and long long time ago I set out to make a solid maple kitchen. Veneer ply boxes and solid doors, I got one door and a box into it and realized that my 8x8 basement room was not adequate to mill a kitchen, nor was my Bosch jobsite table saw in said 8x8 room.
Same rules applied this time around, so boxes and white and away we go....
Someday I will have the shop I need to build what I want but then I won't care because I will never come back into the house.

Once I get all this inside nonsense done, hopefully by spring, im building a 40x20 shop in the back yard and then I'm never moving again.

Once upon a time and long long time ago I set out to make a solid maple kitchen. Veneer ply boxes and solid doors, I got one door and a box into it and realized that my 8x8 basement room was not adequate to mill a kitchen, nor was my Bosch jobsite table saw in said 8x8 room.
Same rules applied this time around, so boxes and white and away we go....
Someday I will have the shop I need to build what I want but then I won't care because I will never come back into the house.

Once I get all this inside nonsense done, hopefully by spring, im building a 40x20 shop in the back yard and then I'm never moving again.

I finished the inside of my house and was ready to build a shop but then prices skyrocketed so that put that on hold. Now I’m playing in Phoenix for a while but I still have my stabbin cabin to return to whenever the time is right. I did everything in that house, rewire, replumb, new joists, ship lap… everything. But I wasn’t about to attempt building my own cabinets so I cheated and went to Lowe’s. Luckily I have some land so I can set my saws up outside unless it’s raining, then I just build shit in my kitchen as long as the wife is at work😝

Tire is coming today. I have to get up to the campground and have headlights off by sunset. 4 hour ride. If I can’t leave by 1, I’ll have to delay till tomorrow

CJ, nice kitchen! I wish my layout was closer to that but for some reason mom wanted the fridge on the other side of the room. I remember her arguing with my dad about it. He wanted to keep the fridge where it was (near the pantry & inside the triangle of fridge, stove, & sink. but nooo. She just had to have it moved. But decades later she now claims it was his idea to move them. It made more work for him to move them. I know for a fact it was her idea because I remember them arguing about it. LOL.

I forgot to mention that when I was visiting his friend he told us that when we knocked his half-asleep 9-yr-old woke him up saying "Dad, someone's f***ing knocking at the door". He laughed about it bc he's not going to get on her case for something she didn't even realize she said. Plus her mom constantly swears around and at the kids. Calls the son a "f**ing retard" to his face.

Last night mom's chiweenie was settling in on my bed on a comfy pillow. He rolled on his back. I folded a sheet to put over him and tuck him in. But one of the cats took it as an invitation to climb on the sheet. Cat weighs about as much as the dog and sat on him. Poor dog was growling and couldn't move enough to bite the cat. I had to get up and asked the dog if he wanted to "go see mommy" so he struggled to get free & eventually made it out and followed me to her room. He's been sleeping in my room more because it's more comfortable. She piled stuff up on her bed so there's no space for him to stretch out. In my room there are plenty of blankets and pillows and space for him to sleep.

I'm supposed to go to samsclub today but it's been raining and thundering for hours. Road is going to suck.

Nice BBQ!

It rained last night and most of the day. Got up early and went to Samsclub. Popped in to BooksAMillion for awhile. We were waiting for Panda (our favorite restaurant) to open but it turns out it's closed on Tuesdays now. So we went to IHOP. We hadn't gone in years but I don't think we'll be going back anytime soon. Food is OK but not great. Too many carbs.

Found out some other friends will be doing a kitchen reno and will get unfinished cabinets. So, I am hoping I will get to paint the cabinets for them.

Still no sign of my cat or my phone. I'll have to look during daylight tomorrow (and will need to remember to put air in my rear driver side tire).

Nice BBQ!

It rained last night and most of the day. Got up early and went to Samsclub. Popped in to BooksAMillion for awhile. We were waiting for Panda (our favorite restaurant) to open but it turns out it's closed on Tuesdays now. So we went to IHOP. We hadn't gone in years but I don't think we'll be going back anytime soon. Food is OK but not great. Too many carbs.

Found out some other friends will be doing a kitchen reno and will get unfinished cabinets. So, I am hoping I will get to paint the cabinets for them.

Still no sign of my cat or my phone. I'll have to look during daylight tomorrow (and will need to remember to put air in my rear driver side tire).
Maybe your cat ate your phone.;)

Latest posts

Back