What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Concrete takes awhile to cure, is super heavy, and can crack. I'm mostly worried about the cracking and the weight. I did have a couple of ideas though. I've complained about my floor being like the surface of the moon. I still need to pour more of the leveling compound, but I had an idea: What if I put luan over the top of the whole floor on top of the foam underlayment stuff I got (instead of having that foam underlayment under my vinyl sheet. That way it would be a buffer for lumps, make the floor a bit warmer in winter, and the top luan would be smoother. Might have to use masonry bits to get through the leveling mix for screwing it down. I can secure the luan and try to make sure it's more level and smooth for the platform to go on. I can paint and/or seal the luan so it won't get ruined if it gets wet. Then I can put the vinyl sheet down on top and make the platform.

What do you guys use for screw holes & plywood seams under sheet vinyl?

The other idea I had was for the platform. The widest point of the toilet is 9-1/4". A 2x10 board is 9-1/4" wide. I might have some 2x10s down at the workshop. Or even some 1x10s. Instead of making a box, what if I put one under the toilet bowl, trace around the base to get the size. Put that top piece over another board and stack boards to the desired height, cut the boards to size and drill a hole for the closet flange to go through, get it sanded, sealed, painted, and then attach the closet flange, secure it to the floor, and put the toilet on it. Worst case if there is any bit of toilet hanging over the sides, I can add some wood strips I could even do a template in cardboard or poster paper first....

What do you think?

Mom just hollered that she wants me to "come see" her. Probably wants food. LOL. I'm so happy she got me a dowel jig kit. I wonder if I should use any dowels on the boards if I stack them to make sure they don't slide. I'll need some new wood glue. Stuff I have is ancient & dried up.

If it was me and I wanted to raise a toilet, I would just use some 2X whatever height I wanted it, then slap a sheet of 3/4 ply on it and call it a day. Dont make things harder on yourself than they need to be my man. That is a whole lot of work you are making there.

You think about it, if the toilet can sit on 2x10 and a 5/8 sheet of ply as far as floor joist and sub floor goes, well then there is the answer.

You tell yourself whatever it is you need to sleep at night
I'll sleep good because I'll bet they didn't pay much for it especially if it didn't work then..... well, it worked, but.....
....you know. 😉
Digging about for information on the tool changes over time, I came upon this.
We all forget safety. Here is a reminder from FEIN to be safe with your tool.

I won't be able to watch videos again until Dec 12 because my internet is throttled. Not sure how. Said we had used 125gb the other day. I've used less than 2gb since then but we went over our 150gb per month limit. Mind you, it's not *actually* a full 150gb. They go by 1000mb to count as a gb instead of 1024mb.

kiss the chef.jpg

We can't use streaming services on our connection. Uses too much bandwidth. Although, I found out there's a class action lawsuit against our ISP for "stealing bandwidth". Apparently they do software updates to their modems and count their updates toward the usage of customers. And sometimes those updates are hundreds of Mb. Sometimes even several Gb. Seems to have happened this month because I checked my usage and I've only used 20Gb since Nov 1 and the timer for the usage resets on the 12th of every month. I've used less than 2Gb this week. (I have a thing called BitMeter that tracks my internet usage).

My brother actually cooked last night but didn't put anything away or clean up the mess he left so guess what I was doing before the sun came up this morning? The "red gravy" stains won't come out of the countertop. I still need to get more stuff cleaned up. When he wakes up I'll pester him to help with drying dishes and putting them away. He can reach more places without a stepstool or ladder than I can.

Pushed back the PEX install to Sunday so my friend will have more time to work on it and I'll be able to get stuff from the store worst case scenario. I don't want to have to run to the store on black friday. Plus, it gives me time to grab a few more items on Saturday after I run through inventory again.

My tasks for today: finish cleaning up my brother's mess from cooking, clean out cabinets w/ lysol wipes, put away clean dishes, finish cleaning up the floor, clean a path in front of closet door, get rid of old dog mats that got peed on, clean litter mats, clean & refill litterboxes, wash pet food bowls again, and do my best to clear the hallway to the laundry room so my friend can access the plumbing back there-- my brother really should be the one to do it since it's his stuff, but he won't. I don't know what he's going to do when I'm not around to clean up after him & Mom's not around to pay for stuff for him. He'll probably go try to mooch off of my sister again.

I really hope you cleaned the filters after the van and not the other way around.... unless your van isn't like my van. I end biohazard filtration to get that thing clean.
Mercedes never looked so bad :)

I really hope you cleaned the filters after the van and not the other way around.... unless your van isn't like my van. I end biohazard filtration to get that thing clean.
Mercedes never looked so bad :)

It’s crazy how fast a vehicle gets dirty here, especially since it never rains! It’s windows down weather for the next 5 or 6 months but I gotta roll em up when I get to my job cus of all the crap in the air. Palm tree giz and dust floating around like Antifa in downtown Portland, just up to no good. That’s just in general but the real reason I cleaned up the van this time is cus I did come carpet rip n haul the past couple days and I gotta get all of them stray piss crystals out of my van. Nothin worse than getting into your van and thinking there is a dirty cat box in the back. I ain’t havin none of that. Next thing you know I’ll be havin to have a vanillaroma Christmas tree hangin from my mirror or one of them air stinker things plugged into my vents.

Call me funny but if I know I have some nasty ass piss rip n haul to do, I’ll line the entire back of my van with some 6 mil visquene so none of them crystals get into my van. You know them crystals are a real thing. You might not be able to see them but let your van get hot and boy do you sure smell them.

I did a little cleaning. Brother has stuff in the way that he hasn't put away & I'm not putting it away for him. I briefly went over to visit my friend to discuss plumbing layouts and fittings.

Hey @zannej are you using sketchup for all that stuff you make?? I could scroll and find out but that is a lot of work.

I want to model a built in desk for my office, but it needs to fit a pair of Cerwin C12-F, my computer, my synthesizer and a myriad of other crap I own and I do not want to do what I typically do which is to just build stuff and hope for the best.

Latest posts

Back