What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Jon, I hope you get good news on Tuesday. Tessa was a beautiful kitty!

My mom's dog loves my best friend but despises his ex. He snarled at her whenever she came over and snapped at her ankles when she walked near Mom. I think he might pick up on Mom hating her guts. LOL. He's an aggressive little dog though. The puppies are now twice his size but he will grab an ear, bring them to the floor, step on their heads and hump their faces to show dominance. He's a bit of a jerk.

I don't like undermount sinks because I've seen them fall off. Just seems like too much of a liability to me. Overmount ones can be sloppy, but they are cheaper than ones that are molded in to the countertop-- although I do like the molded ones for being seamless.

I'm going to have to install some Formica. Hopefully in the not-too-distant future-- depending on my best friend's health. I wish I could find a good adhesive that allows for adjustment before it makes a permanent bond just in case something goes wrong. I'm wary of contact cements that you only get one shot at. Especially since I am terrible at lining things up. All of my VHS tapes and cassette tapes have crooked labels.

It rained most of the day but I went to the store briefly for Mom. She wanted me to bring home a fillet of fish from McDonalds too. Picked up mail but I forgot the packages in the truck.

As a weird aside, I'm trying to find the technical/proper term for something I saw in ESO. Where the canals/sewers enter or leave a city there are vertical bars/lattice to keep large creatures from coming through. It's like a vertical sewer grate. I tried searching via that term but found nada. It is like a portcullis or yett but does not slide up or open horizontally-- it is stationary. If I knew the search term I might be able to find the images. I tried the terms sewer grate, yett, portcullis, gate, fence, etc but no luck.

Jon, I hope you get good news on Tuesday. Tessa was a beautiful kitty!

My mom's dog loves my best friend but despises his ex. He snarled at her whenever she came over and snapped at her ankles when she walked near Mom. I think he might pick up on Mom hating her guts. LOL. He's an aggressive little dog though. The puppies are now twice his size but he will grab an ear, bring them to the floor, step on their heads and hump their faces to show dominance. He's a bit of a jerk.

I don't like undermount sinks because I've seen them fall off. Just seems like too much of a liability to me. Overmount ones can be sloppy, but they are cheaper than ones that are molded in to the countertop-- although I do like the molded ones for being seamless.

I'm going to have to install some Formica. Hopefully in the not-too-distant future-- depending on my best friend's health. I wish I could find a good adhesive that allows for adjustment before it makes a permanent bond just in case something goes wrong. I'm wary of contact cements that you only get one shot at. Especially since I am terrible at lining things up. All of my VHS tapes and cassette tapes have crooked labels.

It rained most of the day but I went to the store briefly for Mom. She wanted me to bring home a fillet of fish from McDonalds too. Picked up mail but I forgot the packages in the truck.

As a weird aside, I'm trying to find the technical/proper term for something I saw in ESO. Where the canals/sewers enter or leave a city there are vertical bars/lattice to keep large creatures from coming through. It's like a vertical sewer grate. I tried searching via that term but found nada. It is like a portcullis or yett but does not slide up or open horizontally-- it is stationary. If I knew the search term I might be able to find the images. I tried the terms sewer grate, yett, portcullis, gate, fence, etc but no luck.

I really like water based contact cement cus it doesn’t kill brain cells. I got maybe 20 or 30 1/4” dowels that I lay out to separate the P-lam from the deck after I’ve glued everything up. Slits of leftover P-lam works just as well. Get your material where you want it then start removing the dowels while smoothing out the P-lam with your hand. I knew one guy that would wear a white cotton glove so his hand slid around easily. Pfftt.🤪

It is possible to separate water based contact cement if you’ve just ever so lightly made contact. Yes it’s a pain but it is possible. Petroleum based contact cement not so much.

The terminology you’re looking for is a culvert screen or trash screen. We have them all over here to keep people out of the giant pipes. Homeless people will move into the pipes and when a monsoon hits theyre done fer. Their dead body gets shot out of the pipe like a cannon unless there is a screen on the other end of the pipe. Then they’re just stuck. Happens to somebody every year. Same thing with dummies trying to drive through a wash. I just got a flood alert on my phone last night cus they opened the reservoir gates for the Salt river. That means I’m gonna be floating the river in a couple weeks😁

Last edited:
I really like water based contact cement cus it doesn’t kill brain cells. I got maybe 20 or 30 1/4” dowels that I lay out to separate the P-lam from the deck after I’ve glued everything up. Slits of leftover P-lam works just as well. Get your material where you want it then start removing the dowels while smoothing out the P-lam with your hand. I knew one guy that would wear a white cotton glove so his hand slid around easily. Pfftt.🤪

It is possible to separate water based contact cement if you’ve just ever so lightly made contact. Yes it’s a pain but it is possible. Petroleum based contact cement not so much.

The terminology you’re looking for is a culvert screen or trash screen. We have them all over here to keep people out of the giant pipes. Homeless people will move into the pipes and when a monsoon hits theyre done fer. Their dead body gets shot out of the pipe like a cannon unless there is a screen on the other end of the pipe. Then they’re just stuck. Happens to somebody every year. Same thing with dummies trying to drive through a wash. I just got a flood alert on my phone last night cus they opened the reservoir gates for the Salt river. That means I’m gonna be floating the river in a couple weeks😁
I only have 3 brain cells left.

Don't you think we started a few brain cells short or we would not have been in the flooring business?
Don't you think we started a few brain cells short or we would not have been in the flooring business?

That’s one of them situations where we all bitch about our problems but at the end of the day if we all threw our problems in a pile in the middle of the room, you know you would reach in and grab your own problems back out of the pile.

That’s one of them situations where we all bitch about our problems but at the end of the day if we all threw our problems in a pile in the middle of the room, you know you would reach in and grab your own problems back out of the pile.
I tell my problems to go away but they follow me everywhere I go so it's something you just get used to.
I think if all my problems disappeared overnight I'd start getting paranoid.

I've got 2 growing problems right now (the puppies) and they are currently farting in my room and even the other dog trying to cover her nose. Anyone want some redbone hound pups? They sleep on beds and like to be indoors. Not house trained though. Carpet in the front room is ruined. They shredded the puppy pads instead of using them.
They are getting close to being dangerous for my mom though. They jump on people and I'm worried they will knock her down.

I went and got discount candy this morning and then grabbed sweet feed from TSC. The cow chased me all around my truck yesterday because she wanted food.

Thanks, CJ. Culvert screen seems to work a little better in search terms.

Playground Improvements at a Daycare Center including replacing grass with turf and rubber with new. About 2.5K square feet including R/R existing playground equipment.

Attachments

• 20220418_105231.jpg
    20220418_105231.jpg
    257.7 KB · Views: 18
  • 20220418_131717.jpg
    20220418_131717.jpg
    266.7 KB · Views: 16
  • 20220418_144601.jpg
    20220418_144601.jpg
    226.1 KB · Views: 19
  • 20220418_065435.jpg
    20220418_065435.jpg
    230.7 KB · Views: 18
Playgrounds sure are fancy these days. I remember we either had sand or big wood chips/bark. Used to et splinters from the bark ones but back then the school didn't care.

I'm relaxing today a bit before I clean litterboxes. I put flea collars on the puppies-- which was harder than it sounds. Hopefully they will keep them on.

Playgrounds sure are fancy these days. I remember we either had sand or big wood chips/bark. Used to et splinters from the bark ones but back then the school didn't care.

I'm relaxing today a bit before I clean litterboxes. I put flea collars on the puppies-- which was harder than it sounds. Hopefully they will keep them on.
We had dirt or asphalt.

And if you fell out of a tree and broke a bone you didnt do it again
The trouble with all this health and safety some body wants to charge someone if things go wrong
No self preservation these days, look after yourself
Rode off into a culvert on a bicycle when the brakes went out. Only did it once.

Latest posts

Back