What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Our natural gas company raised their rates 20%, but it now allows those who need more natural gas because of medical conditions to get more cheaper "level one" rates, saving about 30%. Well, don't play with an old man like me. I went to the doctor who authorized my need for more natural gas because of my total knee replacements, and the need to keep my house warmer to alleviate my pain.

Us old guys work smarter, not harder!

So how much is my bill going up?
Here's an article on Pacific power and them explaining the rate increase that we're going to have here in Oregon and elsewhere.
In this article it says that the price is initially going up 3.9%
Next I start looking at a mess of percentages that are thrown out. Do I just add them all together?
So I see 3.9%, 14.8%, 1.9%, 11.1%, 3.7%, 0.8, and 1.1% all strewn throughout this article.
Why don't they just say you're going to be paying through your nose and throughout the number, just one number.
https://kcby.com/news/local/pacific...statement-gas-prices-economy-energy-inflationThere sure is a lot of fancy wording such as "zero-fuel cost renewable power"
"The upcoming rate increase is lower than the nationwide spike in energy prices because of our continued efforts to integrate low-cost renewables"
I don't like these new integrated low cost renewables.
😖
How about we just continue with the much cheaper, expensive power that we've been using. Green doesn't mean clean energy it means expensive energy.
If any mathematicians want to read this article and tell me how much my rates are going up, I'd love to know.

Took the old man to Winco today. Walked damn near every aisle at old man speed. Good thing I had a couple gummies, and he’s 82, so needless to say we took our time. I think the experience may have overloaded his brain. That’s OK, it’s like raising kids all over again and you have to find things to do to wear them out.

Got a tri tip for under $10. And the bulk food bins! Who doesn’t love bulk food bins. Even if you don’t buy it you still gotta look at it.

F5F862A3-9CF4-4993-8111-82CC692BD838.jpeg
7C61F5FE-C8FA-4D00-A35E-B4A9D02B46A4.jpeg

So how much is my bill going up?
Here's an article on Pacific power and them explaining the rate increase that we're going to have here in Oregon and elsewhere.
In this article it says that the price is initially going up 3.9%
Next I start looking at a mess of percentages that are thrown out. Do I just add them all together?
So I see 3.9%, 14.8%, 1.9%, 11.1%, 3.7%, 0.8, and 1.1% all strewn throughout this article.
Why don't they just say you're going to be paying through your nose and throughout the number, just one number.
https://kcby.com/news/local/pacific...statement-gas-prices-economy-energy-inflationThere sure is a lot of fancy wording such as "zero-fuel cost renewable power"
"The upcoming rate increase is lower than the nationwide spike in energy prices because of our continued efforts to integrate low-cost renewables"
I don't like these new integrated low cost renewables.
😖
How about we just continue with the much cheaper, expensive power that we've been using. Green doesn't mean clean energy it means expensive energy.
If any mathematicians want to read this article and tell me how much my rates are going up, I'd love to know.
Thank your federal, state and local legislators for the encyclopedia of BS complications/regulations in the industry-------and THEREFORE your bill. Unregulated these businesses wouldn't do much more---voluntarily---than send you the $$$$number$$$ you need to pay. I get those ridiculous bills here in CA as well, but mostly it's the electric bill that's got way too much info.

There's a common sense limit to communications being CLEAR AND CONCISE. So there's plenty of ways to be evasive and deceptive. One of the standard ways to diffuse understanding of bureaucratic rackets is to issue the critical information in a context that's unreadable.

That's the point at which you would need to be 1. graduate level college degree IN THE FIELD. 2. Willing and able to devote many hours to decoding the BS. 3. Actively engaged in battling for the interests of the consumer. Ironically, when these advocates (lawyers) win in court that bill just gets longer and harder to read. With Public Utilities those added costs of compliance are OF COURSE billed to the consumer as an approved cost of business. Like a dog chasing it's own tail.

To determine YOUR costs for gas or electricity you'd have to have a way to calculate the precise measures of each appliance/LED bulb or whatever using the energy. THEN you're going to have to run an Excel Spread Sheet for the time of day adjustments or Tier-adjusted usage over the various baselines. Yeah, I've gone almost that far. In the end you just dial down the Heat/Air conditioner at peak and set the pool filter to operate only in the middle of the night. From my math light bulbs on or off don't matter. Neither can you do much with the fridge/stove/laundry other than buy the latest and most expensive appliance. YOU don't save there but your reduced energy consumption take pressure off the grid. That's why you get the rebate incentives.

Our little town of 8,000 just spent $3 million on computer operated water meters. They will be obsolete before they are paid off. This current city council does not care what the people think.

Our city is also going to computer operated water meters. Their sales pitch was that a computer doesn't take time off, doesn't get bit by the dog, doesn't collect retirement, doesn't need a medical policy and doesn't need to be disciplined for being late or lazy, therefore saving THEM money.

Our city is also going to computer operated water meters. Their sales pitch was that a computer doesn't take time off, doesn't get bit by the dog, doesn't collect retirement, doesn't need a medical policy and doesn't need to be disciplined for being late or lazy, therefore saving THEM money.
Except all computers are obsolete after 5 years or less. And our water bills have already increased.

We have the computer meters for like 7-8 years now. all the guy has to is drive down the street. My daughters water bill bill was like 3 times what it should be for a single person. Called the city and sure enuff the reading was higher than on the meter. Blamed it on fat fingers of the reader but they changed out the meter anyway. They did carge us $1 more than the last bill.

I hit a deer on the way to work.
It was pitch dark outside.
I pulled into a parking lot with lights, and to my surprise there was no damage. Just a little hair on the bumper. I was prepared to see the front of truck all messed up.
B64C428D-4BA2-4187-9719-2F83B2B9C132.jpeg
87FB00E8-7A96-4766-AB86-0A62F506E559.jpeg

Our little town of 8,000 just spent $3 million on computer operated water meters. They will be obsolete before they are paid off. This current city council does not care what the people think.
3 million, but they'll save $30,000 a year because someone doesn't have to read the meters. If that doesn't make you feel special and I don't know what does 😁

I hit a deer on the way to work.
It was pitch dark outside.
I pulled into a parking lot with lights, and to my surprise there was no damage. Just a little hair on the bumper. I was prepared to see the front of truck all messed up.View attachment 16036View attachment 16037
I was scared for a minute you were referring to the new Milwaukee pickup that you got for Christmas. I'm guessing thats in the garage charging? 😁
Wow, it looks like it just needs a wash a haircut. Sounds like a close call but it turned out good.

If we could just eliminate the management office and blue collar workers, water and electric bills should would be reduced to nearly zero. No more itemized fees to confuse me. It would just say pay up!

They will save on having meter readers and stuff but they will have to pay for tech support to fix the computers and handle any bugs/glitches. Which will take more time and $.

Where does the bright white pipe on the right go to, the house?
You got a lot going on there from what I see.
Yes, the bright white pipe goes to the house. The central pipe goes to I believe the front and west side yard. I think the pipe to the left goes to the barnyard and back fields. But I will have to figure that out when I turn the new shutoffs on. Ended up having to add an extra shutoff between the pressure tank and the other pipes so it doesn't keep flowing when the other shutoff is turned. Friend came out and got it all fixed up Monday.

But a fitting broke so he had to come back out and replace it.

Also helped his new gf move most of her stuff out of her ex's trailer. He was pretending to be all friendly to our faces but for 30min before we went in he was manipulating her and saying she couldn't trust anyone but him and said our friend was trying to manipulate her and how he always manipulates and uses women (the opposite is true-- they are the ones who use him). Said she was just a placeholder and had her really upset. Fortunately, after she took a few hours to calm down, she and my friend are cuddling and happy again. Still need to get her cat and a few other things from the ex. My brother went over after work and talked with them.

Friend did cut his finger while trying to remove some pex from a fitting (didn't have the right tools).

I didn't eat anything but a few pistachios Monday bc my stomach wasn't feeling right. Sunday I pretty much slept all day. I was more active today but I did take a nap. My friend came over and was calling to me bc he didn't know where I was and it was dark.

Mom woke me up again after 1am wanting food so I cooked for her (I had already cooked for her earlier but she was hungry again) and then I had a bowl of split pea soup.

My daughter brought me something interesting last night, A bunch of old 78 records. And I do mean old. Bing Crosby, Rudy Vallee. Must be 60 of them. Wonder what they are worth?

My daughter brought me something interesting last night, A bunch of old 78 records. And I do mean old. Bing Crosby, Rudy Vallee. Must be 60 of them. Wonder what they are worth?
I had an old collection of stuff like that Sorry to bring bad news but they’re not worth much. You’d like to think they’re worth something but the reality is nobody wants them.😔

Latest posts

Back