What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Incognito, that's another thing. I have a hard time finding stuff sometimes. And they love to put the stuff my mother wants on the very bottom shelf. They also have some stuff locked up in cases so you have to find an employee to open it and get it for you-- and sometimes that can take 20min. I also don't want to make anyone else sick with whatever crud I have. Probably a cold, but still, not something I want to spread. Although, I will have to go into the post office and TSC today. Got packages and the cows need feed.

I decided to get a cheap portable table saw that was on sale on HD's website. Promised to have it delivered by tomorrow if I ordered then. Got military discount on top of it. I can put it in my bathroom to cut stuff on site (once I clear some stuff out and make more room). Better than hauling stuff all the way down to the workshop.

Price of batteries has gone up, but silicon valley is coming up with a new battery solution (as in the liquid inside the batteries) involving sulfur that is supposed to make things cheaper. We'll see how that works out.

I'm sore all over so I'm resting. Put some arthritis cream on, took some naproxyn, and used the heated massage pad. My pickup order isn't ready until 3pm so right now I twiddle my thumbs. LOL.

Not only Walmart. We have 3 grocery stores in town and they don't even have the stuff in their adds the day it comes out. Wife gave a Coke driver all kinds of hell yesterday because they don't stock her kind of coke anymore.
Coke is dropping all their flavored sodas. Can't even get Fresca here anymore.

Went out to start my pick up today and all I got was click. Damn, the battery is about 4-5 years old. I called my shop I always go to and they said around $200 installed. What the hell happened to the $75 batteries? that is what I paid for the last one.
Walmart did still have some one year batteries for around $100.

Went out to start my pick up today and all I got was click. Damn, the battery is about 4-5 years old. I called my shop I always go to and they said around $200 installed. What the hell happened to the $75 batteries? that is what I paid for the last one.

Full size truck? Yeah, you’re looking at $200 to start, lol, for a decent battery😳.

I was talkin with a mechanic and he said batteries have a 2 year life expectancy. If you get more, great, but 2 years is the goal for a lot of manufacturers. I usually get 4ish years out of my batteries but I’m also spending a little more for a good one.

Beef will be a lot higher later this year. All the farmers are dumping beef because feed is too expensive. Local cattle sales instead of lasting 4-5 hours are taking 10-12 hours.
Our Fred Meyer store (Kroger) had one king crab leg for sale. $53 😱🤯😱
I bought one years ago. Yuck! I'll stick to local Dungeness crabs. Nothing better.

Last edited:
Guy I'm working for has a model hobby.
This a local Coast guard boat. Built totally from scratch. It's 1/12 scale, so that makes this model 3' 9" long. He had a local printer make a large scale copy of the boat and also went aboard this local one and took a LOT of photos, especially closeups.
I'm talking almost everything is hand made. Amazing.

Attachments

• PXL_20230222_205605126.jpg
    PXL_20230222_205605126.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230222_205634002.jpg
    PXL_20230222_205634002.jpg
    1.1 MB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230222_205556901.jpg
    PXL_20230222_205556901.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 0
Here's a couple he has in the house.
He built two remote control racing style sailboats. Those are probably 3 feet long. There's another smaller Coast Guard motor lifeboat, his very first model, upstairs above the garage, along with on old sailing ship, another is one of our local pilot boats. I have no clue how many he's built. The one he's working on now is a fishing boat and it's almost done.
Then there's smaller planes and ???
Pretty cool stuff.

Attachments

• PXL_20230222_011915848.jpg
    PXL_20230222_011915848.jpg
    902.5 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230222_011934674.jpg
    PXL_20230222_011934674.jpg
    849.3 KB · Views: 0
  • PXL_20230222_011930694.jpg
    PXL_20230222_011930694.jpg
    689.6 KB · Views: 0
Hey Chris, who has been cutting into the top ring of your trash can with a jig saw?
Mine looks the same, I asked and no one did it.
I was going to get a couple new cans recently and they are $60 each now😳

What pisses me off about the price of the new trash cans is that they aren't even as sturdy as the old ones. They are flimsy plastic. We used to have the really good Rubbermaid ones back when they were sturdy but our neighbors stole all of them.

Its over $200 for new batteries here (plus 10.45% sales tax) for our truck. They don't seem to last as long as they used to either. I think its by design.

Highup, my dad used to collect older style model ships. Got some really cool ones in the workshop.

I racked the hell out yesterday and am still trying to wake up. Around 9am I got up to go to the bathroom, get more water, and feed the kitties, but after that was sleeptime. I've been awake less than an hour but still feeling tired.

I need to do my shoulder exercises and have some breakfast.

Been thinking about the damaged boards in my wall in the bathroom and trying to figure out an easy solution to fortify them. At the very least I want to vacuum them off to get loose debris. I've been thinking of putting killz over them. I need to plug the two big holes with spray foam.
1677183576984.png

1677183608484.png

I was just lookin at that and thinkin that’s what termite poop looks like. Good news is that the termites live in the ground, not in your house, and only come to your house to feed. Treat the perimeter of you’re house and you should be good.
only come to your house to feed. Treat the perimeter of you’re house and you should be good.
After you have replace all the boards that they have eaten all the celluloius out of.

Not only Walmart. We have 3 grocery stores in town and they don't even have the stuff in their adds the day it comes out. Wife gave a Coke driver all kinds of hell yesterday because they don't stock her kind of coke anymore.
Any items that EVERYONE else is not demanding on a constant basis these chain retail stores will discontinue. The Pandemic gave them the "supply chain" excuse to limit the product lines to the more efficient offerings.

It's not like we can go across town and find a better selection at reasonable prices. Here in SoCal there's plenty of super-luxury stores that cater to the $300K+ households who shop without any sensitivity to PRICE. I like to walk through those stores every once in a while-------like driving on Sunset Boulevard in Bel Air/Pacific Palisades to see how the other half (1-10%) live.

The boards are actually pretty solid considering. Perimeter of the house and yard have all been treated for termites at least twice since this bathroom was installed. We haven't seen any signs of them since we last had treatment over a decade ago.

I vegged out and relaxed today and feel better for it. I really needed a day of rest.

Incognito, that's another thing. I have a hard time finding stuff sometimes. And they love to put the stuff my mother wants on the very bottom shelf. They also have some stuff locked up in cases so you have to find an employee to open it and get it for you-- and sometimes that can take 20min. I also don't want to make anyone else sick with whatever crud I have. Probably a cold, but still, not something I want to spread. Although, I will have to go into the post office and TSC today. Got packages and the cows need feed.

I decided to get a cheap portable table saw that was on sale on HD's website. Promised to have it delivered by tomorrow if I ordered then. Got military discount on top of it. I can put it in my bathroom to cut stuff on site (once I clear some stuff out and make more room). Better than hauling stuff all the way down to the workshop.

Price of batteries has gone up, but silicon valley is coming up with a new battery solution (as in the liquid inside the batteries) involving sulfur that is supposed to make things cheaper. We'll see how that works out.

I'm sore all over so I'm resting. Put some arthritis cream on, took some naproxyn, and used the heated massage pad. My pickup order isn't ready until 3pm so right now I twiddle my thumbs. LOL.
I opt out of the battery rackets. Not interested thank you. I have plenty of extension cords.

Guy I'm working for has a model hobby.
This a local Coast guard boat. Built totally from scratch. It's 1/12 scale, so that makes this model 3' 9" long. He had a local printer make a large scale copy of the boat and also went aboard this local one and took a LOT of photos, especially closeups.
I'm talking almost everything is hand made. Amazing.
From the museum in Astoria?

Its been too warm here to get up and do much. I fed kitties. I need to sweep up but everytime I'm away from my fans I get too hot. I'm hoping it will cool off. I have windows open to let fresh air in. AC guy still won't return my calls.

Got a curbside pickup order later on and I set an alarm for that. Gonna have to call a different AC person. Still need to do some laundry.

Latest posts

Back