What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow! Half a mil!! That's impressive... Original motor?

It is the original motor but don’t think it hasn’t had work done to it. I’ll pay for head gaskets and a new transmission before I buy a new van. I’m on a mission to see how many miles I can get out of this van.

Now if my van should somehow explode then I do believe I might have to break down and buy a diesel box van again, but it literally has to explode before I cross that bridge.

Never accept the first offer from an insurance agent on a car being totaled. They are placed in that position to lowball you.

Always ask for their supervisor, and eventually you will get what you deserve.
I'm at a total loss on what I deserve though. Facebook marketplace has an S10 forum and I looked through that thing for an hour. Ones with good paint or $8500 to $20,000
For $900 to $1500 you see ones with three mismatched Wheels bald tires dents grills missing I did it myself rewiring, wires hanging all over the place, radios missing. The range is so extreme I wouldn't have a clue what to do if they called it a total.
I'm thinking it can be repaired if I can find a driver's fender plus an inner fender, the center core support and the front bumper.
Try finding any of those parts used.
Next problem, I went to four body shops today and none of them will touch a vehicle that's earlier than 2000. They won't even look at it to give you an estimate or anything they just say, sorry. I think I'm quite capable of putting the parts on but being is my only vehicle that leaves me in a bit of a dilemma if I need parts and I have the truck turn apart. If I have it apart for a week then I'm not working for a week. That can't happen.
Also, because it's not a fancy truck I've never had collision on it. If I did, my progressive agents would do the dirty work negotiating. It's up to me to call the company and send them pictures and do all that stuff.
For now, the truck runs and it steers okay I don't think that got touched. This mainly the parts that I mentioned. In the morning I'm going to call a salvage yard that's about 100 miles away and those people deliver. It's not just their wrecking yard, they have connections all over.
There is one wrecking yard 30 mi away that I thought was closed. I was up in that area measuring a job for carpet and I discovered that the wrecking yard is only open on Saturday.
.....well, I'm heading 50 mi South to measure two jobs tomorrow.
I'll call that wrecking yard but I can't go up there and look.

Thinkin about all this BS has motivated me to give my van some love today. Washed her and cleaned the wheels. Cleaned all the glass, rubbed her down with some vinyl care and vacuumed her out real good.

I’ve got some new plug ends I’m going to switch out on a couple of my extension cords due to broken off ground prongs. The back of my van could use a real good cleaning but I’m not up for that today. Lol.

image.jpg

Highup, that really sucks. I hate when other drivers don't pay attention and slam into you. Happened to me several times.
It's been hot as hell and I've been overheated to the point I've been feeling dizzy. Trying to stay hydrated but heat has me barely able to move.

Managed to go to the store when it cooled down to 94 but didn't find much. They were out of a lot of things.

I think something is leaking under the sink but I can't get in there to look (I'm too fat and I'm not bending well). Both freezers are building up ice and dripping. Still need to figure out the leak in the attic, and my friend just told me that when he was working on the outlet he felt cold air blowing inside the wall. So somewhere there is an hvac leak blowing cold inside the walls and wasting the cold air. It's not coming to my room-- been hot AF in here. Hot in my brother's room as well. Need to map out the ducting at some point, and try to find the leak.

Went to the post office this afternoon to get mail. It was 103 out. Popped in to TSC for feed. I took a shower last night but I sweated so much last night that my hair looks like I haven't showered in days. Just a few minutes outside and it was worse. Got some sweet feed bc the cows have been hollering at me. They can only graze in the shade and I think the heat is killing the grass and sapping nutrients out. Wish I could set them up with a cooled barn with fans blowing to cool them off. Also wish we still had a pond but tenants somehow ruined it. We think they tried to dig it deeper and broke the clay layer. Just know it was empty when we moved back. A wading pool for the cows in the shade would be nice. I've seen cows out in fields all standing or sitting in ponds to cool off in the summer.

Popped in to check on my friend. He's still sick with kidney issues and is on a ton of meds that are making him feel woozy. The heat is making it worse. Meds warnings tell him to avoid sunlight and heat. I brought him a drill bit set in a soda can from TSC that he'd been wanting. It was on clearance.

Got home and pulled the feed bag out in the shade. Started cutting it open but cow made good time getting over there. Hooked me in the underarm with one of her horns-- not on purpose. She's just not aware of her horns and she's dumb.

Going to grab something to eat-- they've been out of the salads I eat so will probably get some beef with broccoli or a breakfast bowl.

Does Roy still have all his marbles? 76 pro fights ove a very long career.
Seems fine to me. He was very polite and cordial with everyone at the fight. Took the time to sign everything and anything for folks & take pictures with people too. Really humble when we met him & even gave my boy some tips for his next fight in September!! It was a pleasure talking with him.

I am still kicking myself we didn’t bring my sons equipment & paperwork. He could have had a fight in this show because another kid his age and weight backed out. There was an open spot on the card for his division.

Drove past a house today that I will never forget. About 25 years ago I put white carpet over pad throughout. And I mean throughout. I put stretch-in white carpet over pad even in the kitchen, utility room and bathroom. Only time in all my years.

Those pliers (are they pliers?) look familiar. I think I may have some lying around or maybe I saw some in the store.

Got a headache bc my damn dog won't stop barking. High-pitched ear-piercing bark that is driving me crazy. I just yelled at her to GTFO and chucked empty water bottles at her until she ran out of the room.

Took out the trash but was overheated and didn't do too much else.

Thinkin about all this BS has motivated me to give my van some love today. Washed her and cleaned the wheels. Cleaned all the glass, rubbed her down with some vinyl care and vacuumed her out real good.

I’ve got some new plug ends I’m going to switch out on a couple of my extension cords due to broken off ground prongs. The back of my van could use a real good cleaning but I’m not up for that today. Lol.

View attachment 17394
Clean up? Looks like you just need to wrap that extension cord and back into the coil and you're good.

Drove past a house today that I will never forget. About 25 years ago I put white carpet over pad throughout. And I mean throughout. I put stretch-in white carpet over pad even in the kitchen, utility room and bathroom. Only time in all my years.
I once put some sisal carpet in a kitchen. Yes, with standard tackstrip. I recall using a felt pad. The shop owner couldn't tell me how to install it and I recall it being miserable. When bad things happen, sometimes your memory goes totally blank as some sort of psychological protection.
That was the case here, because I don't remember much of anything about that job except for the owners of the house worked at the local Grange. I think his name was Tom.....
... We're talking 1989, why would I remember his name but nothing about the job? 🫣
.... Or was it John?
...never mind, go back to what you were doing. 😁

It is the original motor but don’t think it hasn’t had work done to it. I’ll pay for head gaskets and a new transmission before I buy a new van. I’m on a mission to see how many miles I can get out of this van.

Now if my van should somehow explode then I do believe I might have to break down and buy a diesel box van again, but it literally has to explode before I cross that bridge.
If you stop at a four-way stop and you see plates from Alabama to your left, it just may happen. 😂

Latest posts

Back