What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I swept the hallway (bunch of water bottles my brother kicked out of his room again) and did a little cleaning in the front room. Energy levels aren't where I need them to be. Stressing over Mom not being able to find her tax paperwork. She had it in an envelope but its empty and she can't do her taxes without it. She may need to request reissuing of her w2s and stuff. I know she gets interest in savings accounts, federal govt death benefits pension from OPM, military pay from DOD, and she gets SSI. So she'd have to contact all of those unless a tax preparer person could request it all for her, but I don't know. Don't know if it would arrive on time.

She's got a doctor's appointment later this afternoon.

Alright, I got these stupid 3D wooden puzzle things figured out. Put together a smaller marble maze puzzle Saturday and I just now finished up a pirate ship. I even ran the thread for rope just like in the picture. I’ve got one puzzle left to do but that one is kinda involved so I’ll let it set for a few days and it can think about what it’s done.

IMG_4146.jpeg

I Cut the swampy septic tank grass area with the self propelled push mower 😜 before it got Crazy high.
( Toro rear wheel 😡) Anywho, I new rain was coming but I got caught up watching women’s tennis match, so half the time was cutting in the rain, just cutting in the rain, what a glorious feeling, bla, bla, bla 😝 Anyway ! Guess what the sister in-law said to me when I finished ?

Any cleaner that will remove some odd stains from carpet.
Green carpet with a pattern. It has rusty looking stains from the dark brown plastic rollers on the bed frame. Looked like rust, but the barrel shaped rollers are plastic.
The leached out something onto the carpet. Strange, I've never seen this before.
Plasticizer migration of some sort.
The carpet is over 10 Years old and has been cleaned, but never under the rollers, just the walk area.

Any cleaner that will remove some odd stains from carpet.
Green carpet with a pattern. It has rusty looking stains from the dark brown plastic rollers on the bed frame. Looked like rust, but the barrel shaped rollers are plastic.
The leached out something onto the carpet. Strange, I've never seen this before.
Plasticizer migration of some sort.
The carpet is over 10 Years old and has been cleaned, but never under the rollers, just the walk area.
Sounds like it’s time for a carpet patch.

You missed a spot

Close enough C.J. 😂 …… Ranting / Venting time : What happened to gratitude 🙏? And why is it that Venus’s ( and Mars too ) feel that they have to pick apart everything all of the time and not be more open to gratify the good ? ……Wait a minute ! I just got a Revelation ! Is that how you guys feel about my messaging 🤣 Wait Don’t answer that 😜 Well maybe 🤔

She Said ! Didn’t you know it was going to rain 😡 😂 So I first felt anger, but then comedy because in the end, to keep the peace, we must give the Gratitude to ourselves.

Yeah, I don't get how people can be so ungrateful when you do something nice for them. My mom used to be a lot worse about that. Always criticizing and not saying "thank you". She's better about saying "thank you" now, but still criticizes sometimes.

Today my cat Boo decided to be gracious and let me sleep in. He did step on my head once around 6am but realized I wasn't moving and went to sleep on my nightstand. He waited until I got up and went to the bathroom around 8 to follow me in and sit on my lap and be held. He didn't chitter at me about wanting food. I put out food and refilled water. Cleaned up empty bottles that were kicked out of my brother's room. Got him (my brother, not Boo) to go with me to Walmart. His leg was swollen and bugging him so he used a riding cart. He got a ton of soup. LOL. Snagged McDonalds on the way home and he actually helped unload. Got everything put away, gave Mom her food, ate, and then tried to no avail to get Mom to cooperate with contacting OPM and DOD about requesting her tax forms. She was too busy watching videos so I went into my brother's room with a 55 gallon trash bag to start picking up empty water bottles and trash. He admitted they were causing him to hurt his leg more and it was hard to walk over them. I cleared a small spot, plopped down on the floor and started shoving bottles, empty Mcdonald's fries containers, and other trash into it. Filled it up and have cleared a path. There's still a lot more, but he can now walk through without tripping over trash. He actually did thank me though.

Went back to see if Mom would cooperate and she made me watch a Dimash video that I'd already seen before to satiate her need to share her obsession before she gave me the info to call. Called the OPM number and was on hold 30+ min. I went and got a folding chair and then grabbed my cellphone-- was just about to call IRS when someone picked up. Very nice lady. She said they are mailing out the 1099 forms today, restarted Mom's OPM online account (all counts were pretty much wiped out in 2022), & sent an e-mail so she can view the tax info online. She then transferred us to DFAS for the tax info from military. The lady there was also very sweet. She said they will mail out the forms and then explained how to login to the dfas website to view the tax info and said she would have to reset her password and choose to view her username. She confirmed that there is an active account with all the info Mom gave her so she doesn't have to make a new one.

Now we just need to contact SSI and whatever bank it was she needed info from. But her blood sugar got low and I'm waiting for it to come back up a bit. I feel so much better having that done though. And its a beautiful day outside. I went for a brief walk. I'm resting a moment before I cook something.

Close enough C.J. 😂 …… Ranting / Venting time : What happened to gratitude 🙏? And why is it that Venus’s ( and Mars too ) feel that they have to pick apart everything all of the time and not be more open to gratify the good ? ……Wait a minute ! I just got a Revelation ! Is that how you guys feel about my messaging 🤣 Wait Don’t answer that 😜 Well maybe 🤔

She Said ! Didn’t you know it was going to rain 😡 😂 So I first felt anger, but then comedy because in the end, to keep the peace, we must give the Gratitude to ourselves.
Let's not talk about gratifying ourselves, K?

Latest posts

Back