What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I finally ventured in to my first DIY trying to fix the long nagging mold problem in the basement. I guess the mold had to do something with the moisture coming from the concrete walls at various locations. With few ideas from an article I read ( http://www.brothersplumbing.ca/blog/waterproofing-basement/tips-waterproofing-basement/ ) like the exterior waterproofing, indoor sealants I am still immersed in it learning and enjoying new skills....Still a long way to go.....Not easy as I expected. Hope the first impression would turn out to be best impression. Suggestions would be highly appreciated.

You might also want to check out the houserepairtalk.com forums (it's a sister site to this one). It might have more info on basements and dealing with moisture.

I haven't posted here in awhile. Been having health issues. Let's just say my monthly visitor has stuck around for 5 weeks now and the earliest appointment I could get was in February. Not fun at all. I'm having to take iron vitamins and Ibuprofen. It is probably Menopause, but I'm going to get checked out just in case it's bleeding fibroids or tumors or something.

I hope everyone else is doing better.

LOL @ the granddaughter thinking she had an F!

kinda surprised it takes so long to see the doctor. Maybe from your age and description, they now it's not something as bad a what you're worrying about.
Did you ever freak out getting an F on your report card? :D

Highup, it had nothing to do with my age or description. They just go on a first call first serve basis-- although I don't know if I would have tried to work me in faster if my doctor had contacted them instead of me-- they wouldn't even let me get my first appointment with them without my doctor calling first.
Most of the hospitals and clinics in my state closed down under the previous governor's regime so there are long waiting lists. It took me 3 months to be able to see the cardiologist.
Today I took my brother for his doctor's appointment and then picked up his prescriptions and my mother's prescriptions. The place my bro gets his prescriptions is going out of business at the end of the month so he needs to get a new pharmacy. I scheduled an appointment for my mother bc she kept forgetting to schedule one for herself and she started acting like a petulant child and said she was refusing to go. WTF? She's 66 not 6. LOL.

Highup, it had nothing to do with my age or description. They just go on a first call first serve basis-- although I don't know if I would have tried to work me in faster if my doctor had contacted them instead of me-- they wouldn't even let me get my first appointment with them without my doctor calling first.
Most of the hospitals and clinics in my state closed down under the previous governor's regime so there are long waiting lists. It took me 3 months to be able to see the cardiologist.

Today I took my brother for his doctor's appointment and then picked up his prescriptions and my mother's prescriptions. The place my bro gets his prescriptions is going out of business at the end of the month so he needs to get a new pharmacy. I scheduled an appointment for my mother bc she kept forgetting to schedule one for herself and she started acting like a petulant child and said she was refusing to go. WTF? She's 66 not 6. LOL.
Tell em you have 4 broken legs, whiplash and you're bleeding. That should make for a shorter wait time, right? ;)
You live in Canada? :eek: :D

Try : Express Scripts  
Pharmacy
Address: 19-00 Pollitt Dr, Fair Lawn, NJ 07410
Phone:(201) 794-7000

Good company. Mail it right to your door .

Tell em you have 4 broken legs, whiplash and you're bleeding. That should make for a shorter wait time, right? ;)
You live in Canada? :eek: :D

LOL. The clinic answering machine said that if it's an emergency to go to an ER.

Last time I went to the ER I sat in agony without treatment for 4 hours and they charged me $1k just for being in their waiting area. I was x-rayed and never actually examined by a doctor and never got a bed or anything. My gp later told me that it exacerbated my injury. He also said x-rays were not the right scans to do for my injury. I should have been given a CT or MRI instead.

Generally the hospitals here treat people who don't have insurance like garbage. And they are particularly dismissive of women. There were studies that showed that men usually get treated faster than women (45 minutes while women usually wait an hour or longer) and are more likely to be given pain medication than women. They did a test where they showed a chart to doctors that described the same symptoms and circumstances but one patient was marked as male and another as female. I think they said about 80% of the medical staff would prescribe painkillers for the men and take it more seriously. For women they assumed they were exaggerating and if they prescribed anything, it was a sedative instead.

Although, around here if someone has bad teeth regardless of gender, they get treated like crap (bc the doctors assume they are drug addicts).

I had a 24 hour reprieve of my issue, but now it is back. bleh. Fortunately, I have my furry friends here to keep me warm and purr for me. I think I have 5 on me right now.

Get a good Lawyer and sue them . Not one that wares a leisure suit to court .

In the mean time have your Dr write you a script for both a ct , and mri.

Good Luck.

Where does one live to get service like that?

Louisiana. It has really gone to the crapper. I think if I went to Rapides Hospital I might have received better treatment but it would have been even more expensive. I found out after the fact that the one I went to is notorious for giving bad treatment. Talked to other people who sat there and went untreated for hours and eventually left to go to another ER.

Google Charity Hospitals in your area, they don't charge you . Schedule your appt with them for those tests . You will have to go there and fill out paper work first .

Google Charity Hospitals in your area, they don't charge you . Schedule your appt with them for those tests . You will have to go there and fill out paper work first .

That is actually why it is taking so long for my appointment. It is a charity hospital/clinic. There used to be a lot of them, but because of what the last governor did, a lot of them shut down.

My dates for the dance.

16388179_1343007792436554_1038022639699600509_n.jpg

Latest posts

Back