What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
My great granddaughter with her uncle.

16473840_10154953819369289_6481278790302458173_n.jpg

I removed the water pump in my van this afternoon. Had to wait for weather to clear up.
Strange that Tuesday through Friday was cloudy, but warmish........ 50 or so and almost no wind.
Yesterday on my way home I stopped at the store and steam was venting from under the hood of my van. Happened to have water in the rig and it took almost of 2 gallons:eek: Poured it in and went 2 miles, straight home.
Now the crappy weather begins and I need to fix this. Wind has been steady yesterday afternoon through tonight 15 to 20+ and gusts to 30. Rain and wind is going to continue all day tomorrow and even a bit stronger. It's raining hard right now.:rolleyes: Life would sure be better if I had a garage.
I hope the rain takes a few breaks tomorrow so I can put things back together.
Bright side is the 5 1/2 year old pump has a lifetime warranty. I'm gonna replace he hoses an thermostat too, so not totally free.
I coulda been 15 miles from home I suppose. No way would it have held water for even 5 miles at the rate it was dripping.

Last edited:
I removed the water pump in my van this afternoon. Had to wait for weather to clear up.
Strange that Tuesday through Friday was cloudy, but warmish........ 50 or so and almost no wind.
Yesterday on my way home I stopped at the store and steam was venting from under the hood of my van. Happened to have water in the rig and it took almost of 2 gallons:eek: Poured it in and went 2 miles, straight home.
Now the crappy weather begins and I need to fix this. Wind has been steady yesterday afternoon through tonight 15 to 20+ and gusts to 30. Rain and wind is going to continue all day tomorrow and even a bit stronger. It's raining hard right now.:rolleyes: Life would sure be better if I had a garage.
I hope the rain takes a few breaks tomorrow so I can put things back together.
Bright side is the 5 1/2 year old pump has a lifetime warranty. I'm gonna replace he hoses an thermostat too, so not totally free.
I coulda been 15 miles from home I suppose. No way would it have held water for even 5 miles at the rate it was dripping.

I know the feeling. I have to work on mine outside too.

Back in 69 we]the store] had a new van that would over heat at the drop of a hat. Took it back and took it back and they couldn't find the problem. well that was one of my perks that I drove the van to home and back each day. Well I picked it up at the dealership for the umpteenth time and was on my way home, about 5 miles from the dealership and still 22 miles from home. I said you are going to get me home you SOB and away I went. Wasn't long and it was blowing white smoke and sounding funny. As I pulled into town about 3 blocks from home it died. A friend of mine who lived across the street overhauled it in his driveway. At that time the engine was in between the seats so he had a built in garage. Never had a problem with it after that.

Daris

Back in the day when i lived in NY , I was coming down to NJ to visit family .

Radiator started to leak and over heat . Poured a six pack of Bud in it . Got me over the bridge and to a gas station. Had a nice head to it also .:)

They are adorable, Rusty.

I've been trying to find a way to play BluRays on my new computer. The new PC came with a physical player, but the people who built it (and hooked everything up incorrectly so I had to have someone hook them up properly) didn't include the software or drivers for the bluray player so I can't play any blurays. I'd watch Blurays on my external player for my TV but I lost the remote and none of the codes work for the dishnetwork remote.

Still having my health issues but I'm on some medicine that is supposed to help. So far I'm still having backaches and feeling cranky though.

They are adorable, Rusty.

I've been trying to find a way to play BluRays on my new computer. The new PC came with a physical player, but the people who built it (and hooked everything up incorrectly so I had to have someone hook them up properly) didn't include the software or drivers for the bluray player so I can't play any blurays. I'd watch Blurays on my external player for my TV but I lost the remote and none of the codes work for the dishnetwork remote.

Still having my health issues but I'm on some medicine that is supposed to help. So far I'm still having backaches and feeling cranky though.

What is the name of your Player for the confuser ?

I been fowling the spread all week , it hasn't moved from NE -3

62 % taking Atlanta. Scary game . I like NE , and the under .

Question is what am i going to do if Atlanta covers ? :)

What is the name of your Player for the confuser ?

The hardware is LG UH12NS40. Looks like it uses Cyberlink PowerDVD software. I found a trial version. Kinda bummed that it doesn't let me take screen captures.

I tried to run it with Corel WinDVD pro 11 but nothing happened. I wonder if WinDVD 9 would run it.

The trial version of PowerDVD runs it and will let me use some of the menu options but it won't let me take screencaps. I might just have to convert it to mkv format and put it on my second drive and find a program to run it. Currently it's in bdmv format. I tried Lea something BluRay player but the menu text is so tiny I can't read it.

Latest posts

Back