What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Both teams were not shooting good from the floor . Defense .

Ducks were 37 & 1 for the season. nothing to sneeze at .

Nice pics, Havasu. From afar, those seals (sea lions?) look kind of like dead fish. Gorgeous architecture there.

Got a little break in the rain. Too wet to mow but I got the mowers started. Riding mower started right up. Finished the push mower I bought to leave at my daughter's house. Hope to get some dry days later on.

Been sick and miserable. Shivering like crazy while feeling overheated and then sweating all over and can't seem to cool off, coughing, sneezing, sore throat, sinus headache. None of the medicine is doing anything to help. I haven't been able to each much. Had a muffin Saturday and a muffin on Sunday. I've been drinking a lot of water and using cough drops. At least I managed to feed the cats, let the dogs in during the storm, and cook for Mom. But ugh.. I can't sleep because of this respiratory crud. I'm being a big baby about it. LOL.

My bro is worse off. I was going to take him to the urgent care clinic but then heard there was a tornado watch-- turns out a tornado hit on the path we would have been driving, so it is good that we stayed home.

Internet keeps going out, but at least power is staying on and I have a fan blowing on my face-- which helps. I just hope this crap (the storms and the flu)go away soon.

I know it could be much worse but venting helps me feel a little better.

Btw, this was the damage to the town we were going to drive through

I've seen much much worse, but I'm sad to see they took that much damage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Got a little break in the rain. Too wet to mow but I got the mowers started. Riding mower started right up. Finished the push mower I bought to leave at my daughter's house. Hope to get some dry days later on.

Had a gardener doing my lawn for over 25 years. Recently bought a new home and we're still in the landscaping process so I've had to buy a lawnmower just to keep the weeds down. We don't really have grass to speak of yet so I'm not hiring anyone.

$20 at the swap meet but there was no bag to collect the grass clippings or guard to keep the mess from flying everywhere including in my face. Lawn mower repair shop guy around the corner explained my mower was designed for mulching. He found a parts mower laying about and gave it to me por Nada.

I scabbed the mulch guard off of it and it fit perfectly on mine.

I scored.

I went to the shooting range today. One of the world renowned shooting instructors was there so he spend a few hours giving me one on one instruction. I sure learned alot. I also slipped him a hundred bucks for his trouble.

My phonelines are out from flooding and my body has become a mucus factory. My nose is completely stuffed up so I have no sense of smell whatsosever-- which might be a good thing. Too loopy to focus on anything and spelling... bleh. forget it.
But I'm alive! *cough*
And my oldest cat has decided that I am a suitable seat for her behind now.

My neighbor gave me an old Sears 6/12 volt battery charger that wasn't working. Probably made in the 60's if I had to guess. It was rusty, so I took it apart, cleaned and repainted it, then replaced the switch and power cord and the cord and clips that connect to the battery.
It looks like new and works like a charm.
Right now I'm using it to de-rust an old section of drive chain I found on the beach. The process removes the rust and leaves the metal intact. It's kinda like metal plating, but in reverse.
In the process, the chemical reaction makes hydrogen gas.
...so next, I'm gonna build me an air ship. :D

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back