What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got a fatty this week.
AE464F34-FDFE-4938-9432-17C83703F0AB.jpeg

I think the metal looks nice, especially considering what you had to work with.

Woke up early- cats broke my curtain rod and part of it is dangling from its bracket. Yasuke was playing with it and banging it against the wall. I called out his name and he stopped. But now he's attacking a decorative hanging stars and moon thing I got from Indonesia. He's getting it all tangled up. So i just threw an empty medicine bottle at him-- missed but it hit the wall and scared him so he stopped. He's never played with this stuff before but apparently he decided today is the day to be an d-bag.

I was having a very bizarre dream about running a pub where we served chicken with broccoli (like the stuff from the Chinese restaurant) and my cat Mewlatto was a food inspector. When I woke up he was sitting on my side.

Arent cats lovely? :)

I've heard it's dangerous I've heard not destroys lives but I've never really paid any attention or heard anything more than that. Wow.
If this stuff is at potent how does anyone use it and survive. This cop simply stood a couple feet away and looked at it.

Because the carpet is so heavy I needed this wider material for it's strength and stability. If I used a thin bar of the same type of material, every place I put in a screw would pull the metal down and create a bumpy effect.
Like I said in person it actually looks pretty good. The owner is happy and that's what counts.
. Engineer High up 😎 missed your true calling but for the benefit of the flooring world. Always nice seeing your craftsmanship Lo ! / High ......Ironically, the least expensive molding became the most labor intensive install. Gr8t work ! ! Man

. Engineer High up 😎 missed your true calling but for the benefit of the flooring world. Always nice seeing your craftsmanship Lo ! / High ......Ironically, the least expensive molding became the most labor intensive install. Gr8t work ! ! Man
Thank you very much. If you need turds polished I'm your guy. 😁
I wish I had a large shop that included a shaper and a router table. I just whip out some wood reducers and transitions for jobs like this. It might take some effort to make the transitions, but the installation would be much simpler because I wouldn't have to put so many dowels in the concrete..... Maybe a half a dozen holes on a job like this along with some adhesive.
It just baffles me that Cortec doesn't have a dedicated trim for carpeting.
I may have to change my name to Highlow.
Maybe I'll send this sketch to Shaw and see if I get a response.

Attachments

• PXL_20210810_152542619.jpg
    PXL_20210810_152542619.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 16
I hope they get things straightened out with your blood, Rusty. With as much as we have learned about medicine and the human body, there is still so much we don't know. I've wondered what ever became of Gary from the houserepairtalk forum. Last we heard from him, his wife was going downhill & he was trying to get her in to a special clinic to figure out why. He stopped posting and none of the admins could get a response from him. I hope he and his wife are ok but I suspect the worst.

Today is one of those days where I feel I never should have gotten out of bed. Ever have one of those days where you wake up clumsy? Almost couldn't stand up. Stumbled to the door. Went to get mom something to eat but wasn't up for cooking over the stove since I knew it was an off day and I'd probably spill stuff or burn myself. So I heated up a microwave meal and still managed to cut the side of my thumb on the corner of the microwave door. It doesn't even seem sharp but I somehow managed it and it was bleeding. Ranks up there with the time I cut my finger on a paintbrush. So I'm lying down again.

I'll have to go get mail tomorrow.

Highup, I think you should send that to Coretec.

I hope they get things straightened out with your blood, Rusty. With as much as we have learned about medicine and the human body, there is still so much we don't know. I've wondered what ever became of Gary from the houserepairtalk forum. Last we heard from him, his wife was going downhill & he was trying to get her in to a special clinic to figure out why. He stopped posting and none of the admins could get a response from him. I hope he and his wife are ok but I suspect the worst.

Today is one of those days where I feel I never should have gotten out of bed. Ever have one of those days where you wake up clumsy? Almost couldn't stand up. Stumbled to the door. Went to get mom something to eat but wasn't up for cooking over the stove since I knew it was an off day and I'd probably spill stuff or burn myself. So I heated up a microwave meal and still managed to cut the side of my thumb on the corner of the microwave door. It doesn't even seem sharp but I somehow managed it and it was bleeding. Ranks up there with the time I cut my finger on a paintbrush. So I'm lying down again.

I'll have to go get mail tomorrow.

Highup, I think you should send that to Coretec.
Giving my current Dr one more week and then I will be looking for a new one.

Chris, if it gets the job done then it's great.

Rusty, I hope the current doctor can figure something out.

I forgot to put antibiotics on the cut on my thumb (since it was so shallow) but its starting to get red around it. Even cat scratches haven't gotten irritated like that and I have a lot of cat (and dog) scratches on my hands, arms, legs, shoulders, and abdomen (mostly from cats and dogs walking on me and slipping).

Went to the store to pick up medicine. Grabbed some groceries, chatted with a friend who worked there- he said one of the customers turned and coughed on him earlier and he had to stop himself from punching the guy. Apparently the guy was supposed to be in quarantine. I had a guy behind me in line who was bragging about how he was supposed to be in quarantine but didn't care. He refused to stay even 2ft away from me. I kept moving away and he kept moving closer. I coughed and he still didn't back off.

Picked up mail afterward.

Mom just called and wants me to go into the room and hand her some water bottles that are less than 5ft away from her...

Editing because I'm back from getting the water. It was hot as hell outside today. Now it's cloudy but it felt like a sauna. I drank one of the small bottles of chocolate milk (my treat for myself when I have to go out in the heat) and I was still thirsty.

My brother's chair is breaking apart so I ordered him a new one (on sale) plus a 5 year protection plan (still came in way under the usual price for the chair) that covers accidental damage. I also ordered him a slip cover set and some cushioned arm covers for the new chair. For now he has them on the old chair since the new chair won't arrive until next week.

Meanwhile, even though I initially registered my windows 7 ultimate OS when I first got the computer, there was some sort of update that caused a bug where it thinks it's not genuine. It causes error messages to pop up and makes the computer run slower. I tried work-arounds because Microsoft was not offering support. I lost the paper with the original product code. Found a CD with licence "guaranteed to work" online & bought it. If it doesn't work I get a full refund. I'm trying to figure out how to put the code in now. But it was so small I had to take a picture with my phone and zoom in.

2nd edit: I had to go in to command prompt (which really reminds me of early days of using the Apple II E where the OS was basically command prompt. I remember programming in BASIC on that thing. LOL. Can't even remember the commands now, but I knew how to run Frogger. Anyway, windows activation worked! Now I can begin the migration to Windows 10 and then to 11 (if it's free). I think I can still get windows 10 for free. I'm still miffed that I had to buy a new product key bc I lost my old one. I'm keeping this one on my phone and transferring it to my computer.

Last edited:
There are regular scammers and then there are scammers that are sorry. 😁
You can watch a minute or two of the beginning and then skip ahead to the 15 minute mark where it starts getting better.
It's 22 minutes long but worth it when you understand what's happening. The guy on the video was screwing with a scammer and he ended up being overpaid by a considerable amount of money. He of course has to return it using gift cards. I mean, how else could you undo an accidental overpayment with anything other than gift cards 😁

The scamming thing made me think of how there are now scam debt collection attempts. Although, my brother is dealing with a mistaken one. A couple years ago he went to the hospital and a few days after the visit, the hospital sent it in to collections instead of filing with his insurance or even sending him a bill. In about a week he got a call from a collection agency. He then called the hospital & they said it was a mistake and that they had gotten paid by his insurance but still owed a small balance to them of something like $60. So he paid them. The next time he was contacted by the collection agency he told them the matter had been settled. Hospital had been paid in full. They argued with him & he told them it was paid & he was done with them. Over the past several months we've gotten robo calls from a collection agency that we hung up on.

Yesterday my brother got a letter from a new collection agency claiming he now owed something like $2k (original amount was much lower) and that if he didn't respond within 30 days they would assume it was a valid debt and pursue a judgment against him. It said if he wanted to contest it, he would have to write to them to dispute it & they would "investigate". He tore the letter up. But I'm wondering if he should have written to dispute it as it's not a valid debt & he doesn't have any outstanding medical bills. My concern is that if they decide to take it to court, they would do so in a venue out of state where he is unable to appear or that he won't even be notified & they could get a judgment against him in his absence. People don't get notice about court stuff here all the time.

On the upside, he finally called the courts and found out that the bogus charges against him (for an incident where someone pulled a gun on him and he disarmed them) were dropped so he doesn't have to worry about that. It was only a ticket rather than an arrest.

I did 100 yards of carpet in a room in the middle of the Pickens County Jail this morning. Depressing as hell. Like a zoo for people. The zookeepers were all fat and happy. The captives not so much. Hands sticking out of holes as I walked by them. Yuck.

I did 100 yards of carpet in a room in the middle of the Pickens County Jail this morning. Depressing as hell. Like a zoo for people. The zookeepers were all fat and happy. The captives not so much. Hands sticking out of holes as I walked by them. Yuck.
Try doing a funeral home with cadavers in it.

I was going to cook corned beef hash but what I thought was the can of the hash was alpo dog food. Thought I saw the can on another shelf but it was my brother's canned cheese. So, I'll have to go to the store to get more. Ended up heating a frozen meal instead.

But first I had to do dishes and clean up all the pepper mess my brother left all over the place. He knows I'm allergic but refused to clean it up himself. Of course, he claims I'm not really allergic to try to make himself feel better about being a complete d-bag to me.

My friend's gf messaged me that she and my friend are starting to have Covid symptoms. I hope my friend's daughter and baby don't get sick. The Delta variant has been tougher on kids than the previous variant. She said they were going to get tested today to confirm whether or not they have it.

I forgot to post pics of the old miter saw. Been sitting out there around 12 years. Not sure if it runs anymore but there's no power to the car port. Blade is rusted all up. Need to figure out what size & type blade to put no it (if it even runs) and how to change it out. Someone said to "turn the nut counterclockwise". If I can find the nut and the right thing to turn it. LOL.
sawincarport1.jpgsawincarport2.jpgsawincarport3.jpg

Last edited:
Wrapped up day four of a 1600 sq ft LVP job. I’ll be glad when I complete it tomorrow. I can tell the lady of the house is getting frustrated because her house is torn up. Completely understandable. 3 to 4 days is about the max I want to look at a customer anyway. My new bed was delivered and set up today. Looking forward to sleeping on it tonight especially since I have a full belly of chicken and shrimp with sautéed peppers n onions. Then I put some coconut cream pie on top of all that, in my belly of course. I might drool a little in my sleep.

Z, you shoulda cooked up the Alpo for your brother and given it to him as if it was corned beef hash😝

Latest posts

Back