What did you do today?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
On the lake again. Lol. There’s the lake, there’s my office and 275 feet away is power. That’s my van about 85 feet from the power and 200 feet of air hose running to the house. Glad I have multiple 10 gauge drop cords.

View attachment 17706View attachment 17705View attachment 17704

It’s corner day. I’m the cut bitch and there’s a couple other guys that just nail up what I cut. One of the guys doesn’t make sure his outside corners are looking as good as I would like. I take the time to make sure my cuts are dead on and it just chaps me to see a shitty corner. I’ve decided to put the corners together before they have a chance to mess them up when they’re nailing them up.

Oh yeah, the floor is already installed. Lol. Nothing surprises me anymore.

View attachment 17707View attachment 17708View attachment 17709View attachment 17710
Ask before borrowing the mitre guage. I've been looking for it for months.... Ok?
Your skill set and efficiency is so far beyond most guys...... I wouldn't know where to start with that railing.

I haven't had a lot of projects in the last bunch of years that required my small indoor shop. It's just a 10x12 bedroom including the closet. I used it probably 30ish years ago building a couple of engines for my old Chevy step side. It has an L-shaped bench an old desk and dresser that I grew up with. Those hold tools, PVC fittings, misc stuff and junk.
I recently tossed the metal bifold closet doors to make room for a couple of file cabinets.
Anyhow, none of that has moved for 40 years and the room became a catch-all..... mostly crap. It was deep enough that only my drill press and vice were useable.
I've been pecking at the room cleanup now and the for a few months. Every corner is getting touched now. The drill press, file cabinets an tool chests have been moved. It's going to be a lot better.
Under the desk was the squirrel cage blower from my old forced air heater. I removed that 40+ years ago when I installed my wood stove and put it under the desk. When dug the blower out, theret was a short strip of Original Pergo that had fallen behind the desk. I tipped it sideways to pull it out and it bumped into something behind the drawer side of desk which is near the corner of the room. I used the tipped over piece of Pergo to shove the blockage out from behind the desk.
It was something wrapped in aluminum foil.
This has been behind the desk for 40 years.
🤣

Attachments

• IMG_20231029_175508923.jpg
    IMG_20231029_175508923.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231029_175449674.jpg
    IMG_20231029_175449674.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
It was a Bakelite brownie.
After it was burnt beyond recognition, I must have set it back in the shop for some reason..... maybe it was pouring down rain, so in a hurry to open windows I just set it back there. Whatever the reason, at some point, it dropped behind the desk to become an heirloom to be passed on. Maybe I'll cut it into cubes and frame them for Christmas presents. 😁
Maybe I saved it as a test for a new flooring product .....a possible collaboration between me and Betty Crocker. 🤔
....or the first test tiles for the space shuttle.
This thing was preserved better than any Egyptian pharaoh ever was. 😂

Thought this was an interesting site. I've only glanced at a little of it, but what I've read so far doesn't look to have a strong bias.
A commenter on a YouTube video was blaming a decline in honey bees to global warming. AP news said there was a 50% decline and NASA said the population has remained "relatively" stable for the past 20 years.
....and then I came up on this source.
https://usafacts.org/articles/how-close-america-eliminating-all-fossil-fuels-and-emissions/

I do believe in spooks 😜 and look, no wedding ring, she’s up for grabs 😜 I mean available 😂 ( 40 years ago 😞)

Fox 29 ( local channel news ) had a Halloween special this morning that was hilarious. The anchors got dressed up and did spoofing skits about Philly area stars and more, like Travis ,Jason , and Mamma Kelce, Taylor Swift, Pink, Usher and damaged Barbie 😂

Anyone getting dressed up ? We need some pics…. Happy Halloween 👻

I do believe in spooks 😜 and look, no wedding ring, she’s up for grabs 😜 I mean available 😂 ( 40 years ago 😞)

Fox 29 ( local channel news ) had a Halloween special this morning that was hilarious. The anchors got dressed up and did spoofing skits about Philly area stars and more, like Travis ,Jason , and Mamma Kelce, Taylor Swift, Pink, Usher and damaged Barbie 😂

Anyone getting dressed up ? We need some pics…. Happy Halloween 👻
No dress up for me. I'm a stick in the mud.
.....wait, I could probably pull that off. 😁

Someone at my brother's work (an arcade) asked if anyone else was dressing up for Halloween & my brother said something like "I'm dressing up as a tired, middle-aged arcade employee praying for the sweet release of death". Customers have been pissing him off lately.

On the 6th delivery day (not counting Sunday) Fedex called early in the morning & woke my mother. Proceeded to argue with her about how they could not possibly deliver the package to us, would not deliver it to us, so we had to have it delivered elsewhere. Also said in future they refused to deliver out here. So Mom gave friend's address. My samsclub order finally arrived but the parmesan cheese was all clumpy. The next day the 2nd package arrived at my friend's house. He reported that batch was in perfect condition. Fedex cited the bogus road closure signs as reason to not come out. Guessing other residents had the same problems bc the main sign saying the road was closed was knocked back in the ditch again so its no longer visible.

Got my friend to finish transferring drives to the new PC. Old PC got tossed in the back of the truck and brought home. Will be used as a decoy for cats so they can happily perch on it. Good thing we didn't toss it bc I missed my USB dongle for my mouse stuck in the back. Bc friends' useless ex didn't come pick up her kid when she was supposed to, the work had to be done in the dark. Lights don't work in my room so we had to use flashlights. Got the shelf up- screwed to wall from the mount & supported by shelf brackets. Tie down anchors secured into studs & bungee straps crossing the computer to hold it in place. Litter shields placed to protect it so cats can't jump on top. Has screws holding the two top ones into the wall.

Wifi antenna disappeared (it had 2 wires to go to the wifi card for different frequencies). I found 2 antennas I'd pulled from an old router and set on a shelf that worked. Got them directed at the modem in the next room.

Had a problem with internet disconnecting, programs crashing, slowness, etc. and realized it unregistered windows & said it wasn't a valid copy. Tried to re-register using the code from the CD but wouldn't work. Got callback from Microsoft support where they told me they didn't support win10 anymore & I had to buy win11 for over $200 if I wanted to re-activate windows. Was calm enough not to tell them to pound sand.. They were all in India and reading from a script. Ended up finding a work around using slmgr commands in the command prompt. Same issue happened for Mom and brother on their computers so I used the slmgr on their computers and fixed it.

I think wifi might be causing my mouse signal to glitch a bit, but otherwise things are going ok. Cats have shown zero interest in the new computer setup.
1698784035198.png

Now I need to figure out where my duster thingy went and clean that wall.

It was cold and breezy today, one of them run the cords and hoses through the front door hole and put a piece of plywood up over the garage door opening kinda cold. One of the guys has a salamander so we run that for a bit and it helps until some clown walks through the house and leaves a door open.

Can’t complain cus there’s worse things I could be doing😁 The view from my desk is nice. Cold but nice.

IMG_3759.jpeg
IMG_3764.jpeg
IMG_3768.jpeg

Nice office. When are you giving it back?

As soon as the bill comes cus I sure ain’t paying for it. I do believe I would have to work weekends to be able to afford one of these lake houses. Besides, working in big ol fancy houses like these gives me an appreciation for my nothing special rinky dink small ass house with no HOA.

The Transformers costume thing is brilliant!
Looks like a good setup for working.
I didn't set foot outside today. I got in some good napping. Dog kept waking me up last night and night before. He kept jumping on me while attacking cats and shadows. He's been really really grumpy and keeps getting even worse. He has cataracts and is super crabby about it. He snapped at my hand a few times, but it looks like his upper teeth are not doing well. Might need to move him to soft food.
It got down to 35°F last night but the heater works and I was under a pile of cats. Cats make good foot warmers.

27 degrees out this morning and so are all those cords and hose. Couldn’t imagine what it’s like to be in NY, Wisconsin or some other miserable place during the winter and having to deal with this or worse every day 😂 On the plus side I do love a nice sunrise.

IMG_3779.jpeg

IMG_3777.jpeg
IMG_3778.jpeg

It was 33° this morning where I am in New York.
I found a way to combat those unruly extension cords and hoses.
Almost everything I own now is cordless.

Latest posts

Back