What to do with this transition?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The person who installed a couple of my rooms left this metal transition strip behind and I just have no clue how it's supposed to be used or where I can use it. It doesn't look like any of the usual T-shaped stuff I've seen everywhere else. After some research I've found it's "square shaped tap down transition" I think?? I see some illustrations of it being used between floating planks and carpet but I just don't understand how it holds things down on both sides. The one installation instruction video I've found has been very unhelpful. Can anyone explain to me how this is supposed to work and what I can use it for?

Attachments

• transition strip.PNG
    transition strip.PNG
    77.7 KB · Views: 123
Maybe they thought they would slip that over the raw edge of LVP then tuck the carpet to that. Sounds good in theory but in reality it’s not such a hot idea. That’s prolly why you have it just layin around unused.

If it fits materials snuggly I suppose it could work 🥴. It does not have the strength and may not have the resistance to abrasion that other metals have.
I wish they had a metal similar to that, that had a nailing surface on what would be the carpet side, wide enough for tack strip too lay on.

Latest posts

Back