What's a good free video/Utube downloader

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Need something so I can download video's onto a flash drive when I'm someplace with wifi, so I can view them at home later. I downloaded one youtube_video_downloader_16.1.2_chrome and it doesn't function on my laptop.

Open what from where? It shows as active in the extensions tab. Are there supposed to be icons or something on the desktop? I opened a YouTube video and didn't see any options to save it.

I just recall a button that said "install", so I clicked it. Then I think it said "successful" , complete or something like that.
I checked in the firefox extensions and it was there and active. That's it.

How does it download? No icons to click on ........no evidence it even exists on the confuser.
....other than it's in the FF extension.

You're not getting it. what starts it, where is it? Am I supposed to ask it to record something? If so how if I don't know where it is?

You don't need to do anything but open it up - start your download .. Just make sure you have the leaver on the right set to MP3, or Movie ..

Open what up? I clicked on "download to Extensions" or something like that from the link.
........................it did. That's all she wrote. It said complete or completed. Left me waiting for a page with instructions on what the program was all about....................... nothing, nada, zip!
I even Googled instructions for how it works. ..........nothing there either.

Where is it, how do I find it, how does it know that I want to download a video?
It's in FF extensions. I done seen it. It says it's active.
Other than that it don't exist as far as I'm concerned. How does the program make itself known to me and how do I ask it to record something?

Last edited:
Download it to your desktop .. I'll get you another one ..

upload_2019-4-6_5-45-55.png

I can't do anything till I get near some high speed connections. Maybe tomorrow. I'll get rid of the one you suggested and see if I can reload it.

Got it on the laptop now. Downloaded the video for Zan about skim coating. Immediately after I clicked the app installation another popped up looking as if it needed to be downloaded next......... Media downloader? .can't remember. I didn't do that one. Now there's a YD on the top right of the confuzer menu bar. I'll figure out what settings I need. I tried to set it to "let me decide" where to download the video, but it didn't ask me. I'll try again maybe later today if I can get near some high speed.
Thanks a bunch Nick, don't know what went wrong first try, but I think I got it now.

Latest posts

Back