Where's The Data

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
My confuser says it has 3.02GB of free space out of 55.9GB. For the life of me I can't figure out whats taking up all that space. lol Been deleting lots of "crap" as my kid told me I have, large files etc. But man, thats allot of hidden crap hiding in there. :D

I may have the oldest functioning Vaio desktop (circa 2000 ish) in existance. hee hee

How are you hooked to the internet? My sister gave me an old desktop that she was using. It only had a connection for dialup. No place to plug in an Ethernet cable. I hooked it up with a wireless dongle, but it really wasn't worth the trouble.

Ernesto - If you haven't already done so, open up your control panel and click on "Add or Delete Programs" (syntax will vary depending on which version of windows you have installed). See what's there, and get rid of what you no longer use.

There's also a way to delete (not so) temporary internet files, but I can't remember how to do it right now - suffering from CRS :D Google it for your version of windows, and then you should be able to free up some more space.

I hope this helps,
Phil (the new guy) :cool:

Ha Ha Rusty. :) Phil, I do delete temp files all the time. I did just copy some large files like the wood handbook, inspection manuals etc to some floppies. :D:rolleyes: Had over a gig of music on hear I didn't really need. That got me back up to 3 GB.

So Nick, what exactly will these delete?

Junk files , orphan files . [etc]. When you delete files , it really don't take them off the hard drive . just compresses them into a hidden folder .

These programs will give you a good cleaning .

Download and install windirstat. It will shows you (list & graphically) where all the data is used. It's really a must have to manage disk space usage.

Thanks guys, this is like doing a triple bypass surgery to clean out the arteries.

Well, thank God I have a smartphone to play with while the reimage thingy is running. You didn't tell me it costs an arm. Lol
Hope them other ones don't cost $$$. I actually like it since it replaces damaged files. Good news, no malicious files. Course I already knew that since I run Norton 360. :D

Last edited:
Reimage also says I have 838.58MB of junk files. I was hoping for more but that helps a lot. Plus Norton doesn't seem to clash with it. In fact Norton says its an OK program.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Eight hundred and ninety registry errors? Oh please! Lol
This could take all night.

The program is running smoothly and does not seem redundant. If it takes a crap ton of time then it must be thorough. ;)

Latest posts

Back