Where's The Data

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Oh I take that back, its scanning for viruses even though it said I had none initially. sigh

You have to be careful removing registry entry's . Take out the wrong line of code and it could turn your confuser into a Bookend .

You have to be careful removing registry entry's . Take out the wrong line of code and it could turn your confuser into a Bookend . Let me know if you want to move up to XP, I'll send you a copy .

Nick

You have to be careful removing registry entry's . Take out the wrong line of code and it could turn your confuser into a Bookend .

I'm just letting it do its thang. Far from me to intrude. It does say it replaces files with pristine ones, not just delete them.
I'm taking you and them at your word of honor. ;)

Really I'd like to keep her running to 2020 just to see if its at all possible. At the same time in have no qualms about taking her out into the desert and putting it out of its misery with my SRC9.

When you finish E download and run OTL. It will delete all your old restore points which take up a lot of space , and create a fresh new one . this is the last step i use in cleaning infections .

• Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following:

:OTL
:Commands
[purity]
[emptytemp]
[EMPTYFLASH]
[emptyjava]
[CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
[Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
• Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...z9_H4OB-zyjoaTw&bvm=bv.71667212,d.aWw&cad=rja

So it was still running when I went to bed. It had finished by the time I woke up. Tapped the reboot tab and it wontt do nothing but spin. Should I manually shut'r down Nick?

Were you running reimage ?

Unplug it from the back of the confuser - wait 30 seconds - plug it back in and reboot . Let me know what happens.

What Are The Problems With Reimage?

1. Reimage has no Internet Explorer, Chrome, Firefox or opera browser tools to remove unwanted toolbars, fix search engine redirects or to speed up your internet.

2. Reimage has no error fix guarantee.

3. Reimage has no guarantee that it will speed up your PC or internet.

4. The Reimage installer trys to install the AVG toolbar and change your default homepage and search page.

5. Reimage’s shopping cart automatically adds 2 extra licenses to your checkout cart, increases the cost by $20.

6. Reimage doesn’t have a feature to manage startup programs.

7. Reimage sends information about your PC to its servers while scanning. Reimage doesn’t say what this information is and you cannot disable it.

8. Reimage’s current release has a 1 star rating (the lowest rating possible on Cnet) from customers.

I don't use Registry cleaners . they are to dangerous . Lets see what kind of trouble you gotten into .

When you finish E download and run OTL. It will delete all your old restore points which take up a lot of space , and create a fresh new one . this is the last step i use in cleaning infections .

• Under the Custom Scans/Fixes box at the bottom, paste in the following:

:OTL
:Commands
[purity]
[emptytemp]
[EMPTYFLASH]
[emptyjava]
[CLEARALLRESTOREPOINTS]
[Reboot]

• Then click the Run Fix button at the top
• Let the program run unhindered, reboot the PC when it is done.

http://www.google.com/url?sa=t&rct=...z9_H4OB-zyjoaTw&bvm=bv.71667212,d.aWw&cad=rja

I'm feeling a little hesistant about running any more programs. :D

I won't post anything that will hurt your confuser E . I fix them , not break them .

I create a new restore point not only do they take up a lot of space , But the same crap you just deleted is in there also .

It's your computer , Take it for what it's worth .

Nick

Well since you put it that way. ;)

It's just she's a sensitive little pc. hee hee Wouldn't want her to go menopausal on me. Prolly try more this weekend when I can iave time to sit around and watch.

Doing the OTI now. Had a spinner for a few minutes (not responding) but now its running. whew!!!

Almost boss. Got the adware thingnto do. Everything is working great. But, I went from 3GB down to 1.9GB of space. Weird.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back