Wind Energy Breakthrough

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hee hee..........
One downside often cited by advocates of coal and gas power is that wind turbines require a lot more maintenence than a typical coal or gas power plant. But in a lagging economy this might just be wind power's biggest upside — it will create lots and lots of permanent jobs, sparking a new cycle of economic growth in America.

Oh man, speaking of far left logic. :rolleyes:
Sound like if the windmills break down 80% of the time it will be good because it creates jobs. :D
Reminds me of food stamps creating jobs. Heck, if we all got food stamps, it would create 6 million new jobs. Sign me up! :D

Ya know what's actually gonna happen? In the next 50 years we will install 100 million windmills around the world, and some environmental wacko will discover that the combined wind resistance of all those wind mill is slowing the earths rotation and causing global warming. :eek::D:D:D

Hee hee..........

Oh man, speaking of far left logic. :rolleyes:
Sound like if the windmills break down 80% of the time it will be good because it creates jobs. :D
Reminds me of food stamps creating jobs. Heck, if we all got food stamps, it would create 6 million new jobs. Sign me up! :D

Maintenance does not mean they break.

Your missing the big picture. I'd rather pay technicians than pay other country's for oil. This also causes a reduction and demand for oil putting those radical terrorist funding country's with less money to spend.

Who uses oil for generating electricity?

Although it is small for large power plants, many still use it. Our local plant can use coal, NG and oil.

Lets not forget how many people still use it to heat their houses. Oh, electric cars will demand more electricity too.

Latest posts

Back