1300 sq ft needed in a mid century modern home

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dangela421

Hi,
We are going to replace the carpeting (I think was always carpeted) in our 1962 mid century modern home with about 1300 sq ft of wood flooring (either solid wood or engineered). We have already been through the Home Depot's, Lowes, and finally ended up with a bamboo choice at Lumber Liquidators (around $3.59 sq ft). That is, until we heard some horror stories about the quality of the product and other issues involving LL. Now we are wondering about where we can find a quality seller of hardwood flooring online or otherwise -- or even if there is a particular manufacturer that we should buy direct from. We are also wondering if bamboo is something we should stay away from completly and what would be a good choice for a dark minimally grained wood. Our budget is around $4.50 a sq ft.

Thanks in Advance!

~dangela421

Good decision. Last couple batches of that morning star I've opened smelled horrible.

Have you looked at whats under the carpet yet?

and you should be able to buy 3/4 solid Oak from a local business COD with that budget. I'll sell it to you for that !!!

Latest posts

Back