A Blast From The Past

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darol Wester

Professional
Pro
Howdy to all. I was out in the shop this morning trying to find something and look what I found instead. A nice surprise. Wasn't it Nick that made the cups? Sure do miss that guy. Don't know about the hats. Anyway, it brought back some great memories of folks, some not with us anymore unfortunately. Life is going well for me and I hope everyone here is doing well also.

Attachments

• floor.jpg
    floor.jpg
    258.1 KB · Views: 4
Good morning Daris. Yes we're still running the mine, but it's up at 5000' and generally have to wait till around the end of May for the snow to melt to get in there. In the mean time, I look for the elusive stuff with my Minelab 6000 detector. Found three of these this winter. We've got 4 cabins now AND our own Saloon in the picture below. It's in the foreground and the guest cabin next to it. The nearest people are 10 miles away.I made the swingin doors. No saloon is complete without them. :) We cut our own lumber up here also. I did try doing a small laminate job recently, a 12x12 and my back hurt for a couple days. 41 years was plenty. Are you still installing Daris. I know you've got a few years on me and I'm 73.

Attachments

• IMG_1804.jpg
    IMG_1804.jpg
    198.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_3378.JPG
    IMG_3378.JPG
    964.9 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4156.JPG
    IMG_4156.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 0
Good morning Daris. Yes we're still running the mine, but it's up at 5000' and generally have to wait till around the end of May for the snow to melt to get in there. In the mean time, I look for the elusive stuff with my Minelab 6000 detector. Found three of these this winter. We've got 4 cabins now AND our own Saloon in the picture below. It's in the foreground and the guest cabin next to it. The nearest people are 10 miles away.I made the swingin doors. No saloon is complete without them. :) We cut our own lumber up here also. I did try doing a small laminate job recently, a 12x12 and my back hurt for a couple days. 41 years was plenty. Are you still installing Daris. I know you've got a few years on me and I'm 73.
Nope retired after 56 years. Just do what I want anymore if the body will let me.

Is Ernesto still around? Haven't heard from him in a while. That's a lot of years Daris. I'll bet your knees and back didn't argue your decision. Also, did I hear right that our friend John from New Zealand is no longer with us? Saw him at the Vegas show several years back. Quite the character.

How did you come to get my dream job? 😁
That's got to be a real kick, especially at the end of the day watching the sun go down.
That's one cool location. On my photo excursions I always wanted to be up high instead of down along the noisy rivers with the 🦟 and wasps. Down low in the camping areas there's no view. You are one lucky guy finding your way into that dream job/hobby/thingy.
I'm really glad that you clocked in.
You're hands still look like a floor guy. 😁👍

And must have big ones too 😜 … you gotta have him post his secret medication from your smart phone and a picture the next time you see him.

You’re safe from the 🌪️ Rusty ?
One local guy is still installing at 82. Yes, he is nuts.
Isn't he the one I read about a while back that mainly does hardwoods? I did that when I was younger and it was tough THEN!!! 82......Holy Sheet!! My hat's off to him.

Latest posts

Back