After guns, the will take away our trucks

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
France should ban trucks, but it would probably have as much effect as their gun laws. None.
Ban guns,
ban trucks,
ban knives knives with pointed ends. Yea I actually said that.
:eek:
Exhibit A:
http://www.frontpagemag.com/point/1...ban-long-kitchen-knives-end-daniel-greenfield
http://www.snopes.com/2015/06/22/save-a-life-surrender-your-knife/
Ban one method and another will be used.......................... or maybe, just MAYBE .............the criminal will not obey the law. :rolleyes:
Gasoline soaked rags, explosives ............high powered lawnmowers with multiple blades. :eek:
Sadly you can't stop people bent on evil.

Last edited:
It is a common fantasy that gun bans make society safer. In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.
Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:•In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
•Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
•Overall, Australia's violent crime rate rose 42.2 percent.
Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:•Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
•During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
•Sexual assault -- Australia's equivalent term for rape -- increased 29.9 percent.
- See more at: AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

I have a friend in Canada who says they have around 3 murders a year .

All from people coming form Detroit.

When you leave the house there you have to call the cops and tell them you are leaving with it , and where you are going. call them again when you get there . same game to get back home .

Please excuse my following rant.

I think people's attitudes toward one another and their value (or lack thereof) of human life is what determines the violence more than the possession of a gun.

People who want to hurt or kill others will find ways to do so. Banning alcohol didn't stop people from drinking. Banning drugs hasn't stopped people from using them.

The key is education and teaching people to respect guns and to respect one another. There will always be people who will violate the law-- and those people will obtain weapons illegally. What we can do, is educate people who can have guns to use them effectively and safely and we can do things to try to make it harder for criminals to get guns without making it impossible for responsible people to get guns.

I have a few Facebook friends who are totally anti-gun. They think there is no reason why anyone would need a gun. They don't live where I live. They have never had to protect themselves with a gun. Never had to shoot a venomous snake, shoot the tire off of a trespasser's 4-wheeler when they were trying to run over the dogs (my brother actually did the shooting in that situation)- ignoring all shouting to stop and GTFO off the property, and never had to chase off drug dealers looking for the neighbor, etc.

One of my neighbors (who lives far enough away that I can't see his house or property from my yard) is/was a drug dealer and I used to have to go out with a rifle to encourage his friends/customers to leave my yard when they came looking for him. I didn't have to point the gun, I just had to hold it at my side so they got the idea and left. They never came back. I even had to chase my neighbor off when I caught him in my yard trying to steal stuff.

One of the anti-gun people I know is a college teacher. She hates guns because apparently one day a female student's ex-boyfriend came barging into her class, grabbed the student by her hair, dragged her out of the building kicking and screaming, took her to his car, and shot her dead. For some reason, the teacher thought that if guns had not been allowed on campus it wouldn't have happened. I think that if one of the students had been armed, they could have made the guy let the girl go. And given that he forcibly abducted her from the classroom, I doubt he would have respected any rules to not have guns. He could have killed her with a different weapon or with his bare hands. The rule made zero difference, but for some reason this friend of mine doesn't seem to understand that.

He would never have got out of the classroom in the school i went to .

Gun, or no gun.

Yeah, when my friend told me the story I asked her why the hell nobody tried to help the girl. I wouldn't have stood by and watched as someone was dragged off against her will. I would have at least tried to stop him. I'm out of shape, but I did have martial arts and self-defense training. Barring that, I have very sharp teeth. I'm also not afraid to use chairs as weapons.

Bottom line was, the girl might not have died if the people didn't just sit around doing nothing to help her. The guy didn't bring the gun into the classroom.

It is a common fantasy that gun bans make society safer. In 2002 -- five years after enacting its gun ban -- the Australian Bureau of Criminology acknowledged there is no correlation between gun control and the use of firearms in violent crime. In fact, the percent of murders committed with a firearm was the highest it had ever been in 2006 (16.3 percent), says the D.C. Examiner.
Even Australia's Bureau of Crime Statistics and Research acknowledges that the gun ban had no significant impact on the amount of gun-involved crime:•In 2006, assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
Moreover, Australia and the United States -- where no gun-ban exists -- both experienced similar decreases in murder rates:•Between 1995 and 2007, Australia saw a 31.9 percent decrease; without a gun ban, America's rate dropped 31.7 percent.
•During the same time period, all other violent crime indices increased in Australia: assault rose 49.2 percent and robbery 6.2 percent.
- See more at: AUSTRALIA: MORE VIOLENT CRIME DESPITE GUN BAN

Did a Google search on that and this was the 1st thing I got: http://www.snopes.com/crime/statistics/ausguns.asp

On one of the old forums I used to talk to a guy who lived in Australia, he said after the gun confiscation, the gangs took over the streets. The gangs still had guns. Most of the regular people gave up theirs and were at the mercy of the gangs. He said a lot of the crime goes unreported. People are afraid of retribution.
Your snopes might be right, but they tend to lean left.

Nick, I know quite a few women who have guns.
Not an all girl's school though. Public college in NC.
Yeah, when you take away the power of average citizens to defend themselves, then the criminals come out in force.

I was mad at the boys in the school who let him drag her out Z . Bunch of Wimps.

I'll be in Raleigh in October .

Governor Moonbeam strikes again.

Gov. Brown signs law requiring registration of homemade guns

(Rich Pedroncelli / Associated Press)
(Rich Pedroncelli / Associated Press)

Californians who assemble their own weapons from parts they've bought or gathered will have to apply for a state-issued serial number under a law signed Friday by Gov. Jerry Brown.

Brown signed Assembly Bill 857, which imposes a new mandate on anyone who buys components that can be made into a fully functional firearm. Those weapons are not currently traceable in the same way as buying a fully operating firearm.

Democrats pushed through the bill last month as part of a sweeping package of proposals inspired by recent shootings. Several of those bills, including an effort to impose new rules on the purchase and use of ammunition, were signed by Brown earlier this month and are now the focus of an effort to overturn them by a statewide ballot referendum.

The 19 year old girl who sat in front of me in Spanish class last semester was carrying a .380. She would have been kicked out if the school knew.

Good for her. My new little .380 is so concealable I could hide it in my tighty whities and you'd never know. :D

Latest posts

Back