Anybody want a white Christmas?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
20 degrees outside and my furnace quit.

Sounds like a 3 dog night. We use a Monitor, which is a kerosene heater as our main source, but have a wood stove and fireplace for a backup, which we've use twice already this winter when the power went out. We're always losing power here for one reason or another. Good luck with that.

Been cleaned lately? Mine quit last year and that was all that it was. My furnace man is a friend and he told me it was the lack of maintenance. My air did the same thing in the hottest day this summer. Ended up the outside unit needed cleaning. Hadn't been done in 25 years.
I hate spending money when things are working good.:rolleyes:

Daris

I just had my furnace serviced . shut off twice after he was done . had to call him back . :mad:
I have a large fireplace , but it needs a liner in it . I get some smoke back in the house .

Least you guys have real furnaces. Out here they use electric heat pumps in newer houses which are useless when it goes down below freezing. Then when it rains and gets below freezing they can freeze up like a block of ice if the defrost thingy stops working.

My last house had a gas furnace. I love the sound of a gas furnace lighting up.

Latest posts

Back