ANZAC Day

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We were with you guys at Vietnam as well along with other countries even today

https://nzhistory.govt.nz/war/vietnam-war

Yes Jon, pretty much all of the English speaking nations fight together--------when push comes to shove. We can disagree on any and all manner of politics but on the issue of a dead soldier I can't even imagine what kind of citizen could ever have anything but the greatest respect and gratitude for the sacrifice of life for the defense of our mutual interests.

Thanks for the links to the information about the ANZAC Day holiday in New Zealand. I read it with great interest.

Yeah, it just seems silly when one says "Happy Veteran's Day", since it isn't anything to be happy about, right?

Hav it seems that more people are turning up for services each year especially the younger people to remember those lives which have been lost due to wars
I would presume you are finding the same thing at The States
Everything is shut in New Zealand until midday so people can go to services.
There aren't many other days here with everything shut

Hav it seems that more people are turning up for services each year especially the younger people to remember those lives which have been lost due to wars

Our military gets so many volunteers, they turn down a bunch.

That would be a good thing here even for the people that didn't attend services. It would be in the news that night make people think. ....except those residing at University of California Davis where the sight of the American flag upsets them. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back