Attention carpet installers!

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have been in flooring for 14yrs. I use seam sealer along transition to hard surfaces when the carpet tucks directly to hard surface.

Another thing I have noticed, sometimes using Z-bar along tile or wood creates an odd look along the hard surface compared to tucking directly

Some areas of the country are primarily wood, while here in Texas we only see wood floors upstairs. I was just trying to determine the posters thinking and while the difference is not much overall it can impact the use of z bar. I generally oppose the use of adhesives in the gully at transitions due to the damage it will do, if and when it's necessary to re-stretch or take the carpet up for some reason.

Mike

I was taught to use latex seam sealer in the tack strip gully between stretch carpet and ceramic or wood to protect the edge of the carpet. In a pinch I'll use regular glue down seam sealer------it's just a little sloppy. I believe you ought to squeeze something of that nature down in there. Caulk? I don't know. It's latex, right?

i was taught to use seam sealer as well

Latest posts

Back