Book ban

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I recently read an article from a man who designs different devices to measure temperature. He has been at it for 40 years. He said it was impossible to accurately compare temperatures from 150 years ago with today's temperatures because of the differences in technology in measuring devices. Today's computer driven equipment is far more accurate. He stated that the different equipment could have at least a 2 to 3 degree difference.

Yes but remember the ways to measure did not change all that drastically from the 1850's to 1977 when the Exxon scientist briefed the top executives on his scientific findings and that my friends was 40 years ago.

Now about the worldwide temperature change or lack of it however your look at it, the other links I posted has scientific data that suggests the heat is being stored in the lower levels of the ocean.
And when that raises its ugly head there could be quicker climate change.

The fact that the ice at the poles and other ice sheets melting is happening from just a slight 1 to 1.5 degree temperature change. Take for instance warmer waters El Ninio ect and polar bears not being able to fend for food, other whales feeding where they never used to due to lack of ice sheets tells us alot.

So if something changes for the worst we will be in deep sheet! LOL

I don't think taking a wait an see attitude is a good idea. We need a progressive stance on petroleum based energy/ even NG and make our energy in other ways.

Last edited:
Actually, the polar bear story from Gore was a lie. The polar bear population is doing fine. As far as the melting ice sheets, it was recently discovered that there is an active volcano under the northern ice sheet causing much of the melting.

Actually, the polar bear story from Gore was a lie. The polar bear population is doing fine. As far as the melting ice sheets, it was recently discovered that there is an active volcano under the northern ice sheet causing much of the melting.

I don't follow Al Gore, I see documentary's on the subject of polar bears and ice flows that polar bears depend on and it ain't looking good. They increasingly depend on raiding villages and dumpsters to survive.

So none of us non scientists should even form an opinion? Not everyone goes on to higher education.

Yes, there is a direct correlation between your level of scientific education and the value of your opinion on scientific matters.

As I offered above I do have some opinions. I just don't expect anyone to give credence to them because I understand how limited my knowledge of the science is.

Yes, there is a direct correlation between your level of scientific education and the value of your opinion on scientific matters.

As I offered above I do have some opinions. I just don't expect anyone to give credence to them because I understand how limited my knowledge of the science is.

In school, one needs to learn to think and reason, especially so in high school as one prepares for life. At this stage in life, it really doesn't matter what conclusions a student comes up with on this particular topic........... because as you accurately said, that this is best left to the 'scientists' and meteorologists.............. but even they disagree quite strongly, but the 'deniers' have been shamed and don't get any airtime by the media. The 'deniers' were not even invited/allowed to participate in the first climate change summit.............. because in 1988 the evidence had been weighed and the results etched in stone at that point in time. :rolleyes:

I wish I had been able to see this documentary.
http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11...it-film-to-have-red-carpet-premiere-in-paris/

In school, one needs to learn to think and reason, especially so in high school as one prepares for life. At this stage in life, it really doesn't matter what conclusions a student comes up with on this particular topic........... because as you accurately said, that this is best left to the 'scientists' and meteorologists.............. but even they disagree quite strongly, but the 'deniers' have been shamed and don't get any airtime by the media. The 'deniers' were not even invited/allowed to participate in the first climate change summit.............. because in 1988 the evidence had been weighed and the results etched in stone at that point in time. :rolleyes:

I wish I had been able to see this documentary.
http://www.climatedepot.com/2015/11...it-film-to-have-red-carpet-premiere-in-paris/

I don't see much scientific evidence there High, just some rambling.

I also do not see whats wrong with eliminating fossil fuels that pollute the earth. And then again relieve us from the oil wars. Green energy is all good for everyone.

I don't see much scientific evidence there High, just some rambling.

I also do not see whats wrong with eliminating fossil fuels that pollute the earth. And then again relieve us from the oil wars. Green energy is all good for everyone.

Until there is a way to store green energy in HUGE amounts (days or weeks of reserves) it ain't gonna fly for full time energy needs. Sailboats are nice until the wind stops blowing for a few days now and then. Solar is good unless it's night time in mid winter and it's 5 degrees outside. There are locations where it can work to a decent degree... Arizona comes to mind. :D
Go a lot farther north and the solar gets a lot less efficient. The wind blows all summer here on the Oregon coast......... but it can creep to a crawl for days sometimes. Our energy needs are predictable, so green energy will always remain inconsistent, unreliable or unpredictable. We can't live that way.
The biggest problem is that we will always need a 100% backup which must always be up and running when the green fails to put out. If we were ever unlucky enough to have 50% of our power from wind and solar, a weeks worth of cloudy days and light winds would be devastating to say the least. Not sayin' green isn't good. It is. It's just not realistic to replace our energy needs. Fission, or fusion is the only real answer.

Latest posts

Back