Caulking

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wood strips for filler or replace entire boards with slightly wider ones. Caulking would technically work and I think Sherwin Williams can make up some color match caulk for you but I think that might stand out. Definitely easier than board replacements.

I saw an episode of This Old House where they used various sizes of rope or twine to fill gaps in hardwood floors. It won’t crack and will give during expansion and contraction.

Wood strips for filler or replace entire boards with slightly wider ones. Caulking would technically work and I think Sherwin Williams can make up some color match caulk for you but I think that might stand out. Definitely easier than board replacements.

I saw an episode of This Old House where they used various sizes of rope or twine to fill gaps in hardwood floors. It won’t crack and will give during expansion and contraction.
100 year old oak hardwood. They just want something for maybe a year until they either refinish or replace.

Latest posts

Back