Certified Laminate Installer Pre-Qualifying Questions

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
#5 is NO.
Joint offset is at the installers discretion.
My brother removed a laminate floor where the home owner had installed it his self. A change of flooring, not a flooring failure. :eek:

He said that they had lined up all of the end joints in a perfect row. The floor was performing perfectly.

.......oh yea ............and the underlayment was was some old foam backed kitchen carpet.
Home owners can get away with murder. :p

Last edited:
#5 is NO.
Joint offset is at the installers discretion.
My brother removed a laminate floor where the home owner had installed it his self. A change of flooring, not a flooring failure. :eek:

He said that they had lined up all of the end joints in a perfect row. The floor was performing perfectly.

.......oh yea ............and the underlayment was was some old foam backed kitchen carpet.
Home owners can get away with murder. :p

I looked at a floating cork job where the guy lined up the all the joints and he said the man was alright with it.:confused: I've never seen one of those dust pans say that was alright, the industry norm is at least 6 inches.

Now that question #6 is a tricky one. I know what most say you can go over but I know I will not go over a few of them mentioned.

I looked at a floating cork job where the guy lined up the all the joints and he said the man was alright with it.:confused: I've never seen one of those dust pans say that was alright, the industry norm is at least 6 inches.

Now that question #6 is a tricky one. I know what most say you can go over but I know I will not go over a few of them mentioned.

I'd say all but the looped pile or on top of another laminate floor. I hate multiple choice where my mind asks .....but what if?

For me it's no glue-down hardwood, no Glue-down Parquet (did that but got paid to fix it, parquet buckled), carpet of course and other laminate.

I'd say all but the looped pile or on top of another laminate floor. I hate multiple choice where my mind asks .....but what if?

For me it's no glue-down hardwood, no Glue-down Parquet (did that but got paid to fix it, parquet buckled), carpet of course and other laminate.
That's the what if I was talkin about. I don't think the mfgrs recommend laminates over existing wood floors.
( I need a scratchin my head smiley. )

I've gone over naildown that had a nice dry crawl space, but I stay away from going over wood gluedown.

Latest posts

Back