Craiglist

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And the latest a lady had her baby cut out of her stomach. Baby died, mother lived. This was in Colorado on today's news. They caught the gal that did it because she took the dead baby to the hospital and said she had had a miscarriage.

Daris

I recently sold a dining room table and chairs to a guy on Craigslist. I kept sitting on the couch as he walked in, in order to hide my Glock .40 cal under my leg. The guy that bought the furniture was just as nutted up, and left his wife in the car parked 3 houses down, with the engine running. When the dust settled, we both had a good laugh and the transaction was painless.

And the latest a lady had her baby cut out of her stomach. Baby died, mother lived. This was in Colorado on today's news. They caught the gal that did it because she took the dead baby to the hospital and said she had had a miscarriage.

Daris

I remember that.

I get lots of jobs off CL, once in awhile I get a nutcase but I screen them pretty good.

I've bought a few items off Craigslist--------stuff that's too big to ship like 100 lbs. rollers and antique Craftsman table saws/radial arm saws from the '60s.

The VAST majority of items on sale on Craigslist are priced higher than what you could buy it from a local Pawn Shop. People are buying CHEAP Harbor Freight tools using them once then listing them for 80-90% of the retail price.
Those items will set there for MONTH after MONTH polluting the site. So it's a waste of time to search for bargains there.

Ebay is similarly becoming a site that more and more difficult to screen for bargains. I'm addicted to buying old flooring tools. But only if I get them relatively cheap or if they are in my mind way rare and I simply won't find them elsewhere.

I recently got an Armstrong Custom Cutter for $22.49. It the tool that pre-dates the Universal Scriber. I never thought I would get my hands on one with the original case and instructions

http://www.ebay.com/itm/111587394513?_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I hate it when I have to pay that much for tools I buy. The shipping kills you.

Daris

I felt like I stole that old Custom Cutter. Sometimes I feel like a thief in the night I made out so good.

Of course there've been some BLUNDERS. In the long run Ebay is a great way to score cheap crap-----new, used and collectible.

Craigslist I'm losing patience with.

The shipping kills you.

Daris

You wanna get something shipped here from The States
US$100 shipping for a weld tip which is about the same price as the weld tip:eek:
One can ship two for the same freight charges though

Your order summary

DescriptionsAmount
Turbo Tip 6.5mmTurbo Tip 6.5mm$125.00
Item number: #2D
Item price: $125.00
Quantity: 1
Shipping via Saver (UPS)Shipping via Saver (UPS)$115.09
Item price: $115.09

Item total $240.09

Total $240.09 USD

And you guys complain hehe

Last edited:
"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."

protect your self if you can, cuz people are crazy out there

You wanna get something shipped here from The States
US$100 shipping for a weld tip which is about the same price as the weld tip:eek:
One can ship two for the same freight charges though

Your order summary

DescriptionsAmount
Turbo Tip 6.5mmTurbo Tip 6.5mm$125.00
Item number: #2D
Item price: $125.00
Shipping via Saver (UPS)Shipping via Saver (UPS)$115.09
Item price: $115.09

Item total $240.09

Total $240.09 USD

And you guys complain hehe

It's the Saver option that is killing you. The equivalent to US domestic UPS Ground shipping when shipping international is UPS Standard. Saver is actually an AIR option.

Latest posts

Back