DNS Changer Malware

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Newspaper and Google news had a warning about malware that may be on some computers and if infected, your computer will lose the ability to go online starting on this Monday.

http://www.dcwg.org./detect/

I clicked on this link and it said I was clean.

http://www.dns-ok.us/

Not sure if this threat is a big deal or not........... it says only 64,00 infected computers are in the US, and 377,000 worldwide.

Last edited:
I presumed you beamed it to Nick as well to see what our puter expert reckons
I will tell you if my puter crashes Don't forget we are one day ahead of you
Remember when everything was going to crash when the year turned 2000? Everybody was waiting to see what happened here
Probually never got to NZ as we are so far away
Me green as well

They must be busy at the second link, I've tried twice and it won't load up.

Daris

It probably isn't a big deal, but maybe just a slow news day and the story had the letters FBI in it to sound sexy and important.
Story made front page on our local paper and it was on the TV too, so I googled it and found the link that I included on Google's news.
I suppose with all that news exposure, some of those links might be overloaded with freaked out computer users.
I tried the link at the top of that list and it only took a few seconds and it said I didn't have it. I doubt if anyone here has it either, ...........butcha jus never know. :D

I presumed you beamed it to Nick as well to see what our puter expert reckons
I will tell you if my puter crashes Don't forget we are one day ahead of you
Remember when everything was going to crash when the year turned 2000? Everybody was waiting to see what happened here
Probually never got to NZ as we are so far away
Me green as well

Naw, I didn't ask Nick about it.......... he has total faith in my computer related skills. :eek:
I figured it was of extreme urgency to get everyone all riled up because the sky is falling. :D

Read the article then scroll down to read some of the comments. Make up your own mind.

http://www.theblaze.com/stories/the...-access-in-four-days-heres-how-to-prevent-it/
All I got from those comments are that the government is behind it, Holder is a criminal and we need to do a "do-over on the 08 election ..........somehow, they left religion out of it. :D I didn't see a lot of useful info there related to the issue at hand.
I still can't get on ,even went through Google as suggested. Enough already. I guess if I can't get on on Monday, oh well!!

Daris
OK, ..........you must already be infected :D

I just tried the one at the top of their list and it took about 3 seconds to tell me I'm OK. My computer is a 2001 model, it must be faster than yours. :D

All I got from those comments are that the government is behind it, Holder is a criminal and we need to do a "do-over on the 08 election ..........somehow, they left religion out of it. I didn't see a lot of useful info there related to the issue at hand.

That's correct. The "radical right" thinks everything is a government conspiracy, and the "radical left" thinks the right is out to get them.

There may well be a serious virus floating around. I've been having issues lately myself but can't find any viruses.

I doubt the thing to do is to shut down the entire Internet intentionally. There are too many corporations using it every second of the day. There is too much global-sharing and global communicating going on these days to shut down the Internet just because people don't want the government in their hard drive. To close down the Internet would put millions of people out of work and on temporary furlow.

I doubt the Federal Bureau of Investigation of the United States has the world-wide authority to close down the Internet unilaterally.

Who knows what's up. All anyone can do is to trust their own security devices.

I haven't seen anything (warnings) from my ISP's (I have two), I haven't had any emails to the effect. All I have seen is what has been reported by the news services and we all know how they like to sensationalize to bring clickers to their advertising pages.

My guess it is another Y2K.

All I got from those comments are that the government is behind it, Holder is a criminal and we need to do a "do-over on the 08 election ..........somehow, they left religion out of it.

Seperation of church and state, it's in the constitution. Your getting a do-over this fall. :rolleyes:

Economy, looking great here. All the right has done in the past 3 1/2 years is to block any jobs bills from going through and attack womens vagina's. :p

I sure would hope things are getting better. Yes there are a few state's getting better but the Job report sure showed it is not everywhere.
I don't see anyone that is in office or wants to be in office fix it. I think it is going to be up to us people.
Oh and all my computers are green.

I've already done as much work this year as all of last year. It's all been for old customers who didn't realize I tried to retire. Don't want too much work, but I sure don't want none at all.

NJ is ranked # 47 in recovery . :eek:

I had a job a couple weeks ago installing carpet in 3 bedrooms upstairs, two bedrooms downstairs, a hall and a living room, plus prep and vinyl in a kitchen and a bathroom................ man, talkin about recovery........ I'd rate myself a 57. Haven't had a workout like that in at least 8 months. :eek:
Good for the pocketbook. Crappy if you count it hourly, but nice to finally have some work. I discovered that I can actually remember how to do it. :rolleyes:

Latest posts

Back