Dodging Bullets

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Went to look at a long plank bamboo repair where two planks got burned right in the entry of a multi million dollar house. The area below is a wooden substrate, maybe plywood.
Pulled out my suction cup and tried lifting the planks to see if they were floated. No movement. Ran my super magnitite balls along the edges of the planks, no fasteners.

Conclusion, flooring is glued to a wood substrate. I walked. Didn't feel to bad about saying Thanks, but No Thanks. The lady did have replacement planks, but they were showing signs dryness as there were splits along the fillets of this horizontal bamboo plank.

Next up today, going to look at a AZROC fix for an engineered that was glued with an acrylic adhesive over a slab and is popping loose everywhere. The ROC inspector says it can be fixed. hmmmmmm This should be fun. I know it's in an area where cutbac adhesive was used, old area of town.
Looks like I may call for full replacement with a floater. :D

Last edited:
Turns out the floor is Teragren strand Synergy. Installers used Meta-tec 2071 which is decent adhesive but I wouldnt use it for strand.
No moisture test on slab. grinding/prep, opened boxes and installed so no real acclimation. Probably used the wrong trowel and they didn't roll it.

I'm going to advise for full replacement because its busting loose everywhere. I wonder what the monetary limit the AZROC recovery fund has for this. Might make back some of my recovery fund money I've given over the years. Oh, the retailer/contractor went out of business. The guys who were subs I doubt had a license because they are not named in the Corrective Work Order which has a total of 7 allegations.

Latest posts

Back