Doorstops & guides over floating laminate

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

driley

I'd like to install fixed doorstops and sliding bypass closet door guides (the small center-placed brackets that keep the doors aligned) over a floating laminate installation (over concrete). I'm afraid attaching these elements over the flooring and to the concrete below will immobilize the flooring in these areas and could lead to eventual floor buckling during expansion/contraction cycles. Is this a real concern? If so, is there a way to mount these fixtures to reduce this risk?

-Thnx.

dont use any screws that are longer than the laminate is thick and youll be fine. You could also silicone them to the floor itself if you dont want to drill into the laminate.

Is this a real concern? If so, is there a way to mount these fixtures to reduce this risk?

Yes, manufacturers recommend drilling an oversized hole in the laminate large enough to accommodate expansion around the fastener.

I'd like to install fixed doorstops and sliding bypass closet door guides (the small center-placed brackets that keep the doors aligned) over a floating laminate installation (over concrete). I'm afraid attaching these elements over the flooring and to the concrete below will immobilize the flooring in these areas and could lead to eventual floor buckling during expansion/contraction cycles. Is this a real concern? If so, is there a way to mount these fixtures to reduce this risk?

-Thnx.

Your professional installer should know how to do this.

Latest posts

Back