Event Viewer Errors

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

highup

Will work for food
Supporting Member
Pro
Decided to start a new topic about errors and the changes in errors since making changes to my confuzer settings.
Before making changes, I was getting a few error on a regular basis.... like when I booted up the computer or turned it off.

Here is what I was getting before: The first screenshot was a normal daily routine. This has all changed a little bit, so this is what I got before making modifications from my other topic.
I'm not connected to a "domain" anymore, so I guess the confuzer is always hunting for it.
These are pretty much the warnings and errors I get daily in the Event Viewer applications tab.
Event 1517 (the last image) was a warning that came when occasionally when I logged off. I'd log off frequently because my dialup would slow to a crawl or stop. Sometimes I would also reboot the computer then redial.

I'll add another comment next showing what is happening routinely now since the computer fixes were done

Typical  Application view before changes.jpg

Older 1054 error.jpg

Event 1521 cannot locate server copy.jpg

Occasional warning 1517 accompanied  by 1517 n 1054.jpg

Ok, after the fixes, here is what it look like.
I am guessing all of this is from disabling Workstation and other
services" programs that depend on it, and possibly programs that those programs depend on.

The computer is running fine right now, so I don't know if maybe I should just ignore this stuff.
This 1054 error repeats in an alternating fashion every 2 to4 minutes, then every half hour.
Also, event 1054 has changes its description. Now it says it cannot find the workstation driver. Earlier tho, it's description said that the specified domain either does not exist, or could not be contacted.

Should I just reset all of the services to manual or automatic, or just reset some of them, or just ignore this stuff..... because the confuzer is working fine.

As a test, and to stop or slow down this new 1054 error rate, I reset workstation to manual, and when I rebooted the computer, I ended up with a blue screen. :eek: I shut it down and was able to get into safe mode to disable workstation again. All is fine again.

Errors 12 18 12 19.jpg

Last edited:
My SQL is a part of XP

Ideally you should uninstall the conventional way (add/remove programs or whatever Microsoft has named it this week) first but if for some reason you're just going to delete everything don't forget to stop the MySQl service(s) first

To fully remove MySQL, you have to remove the data folder, too, which is where the database info is actually stored.

It turns out that the "Typical" installation option (on Windows XP) puts the data in:

Windows XP: "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\MySQL\MySQL Server 5.1"

NOTE: I tried playing with it, as it is antive to XP, and ended up doing a clean install.

Latest posts

Back