EZ8 Quits working, then starts again for a few seconds

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

randyr505

I bought a new American Standard EZ 8 sander 3/2021 and have only used it maybe 2-3 hours. It now quits after a while. We made one pass that covered maybe 50sq/ft and now it quits after about 3 ft. We wait 5 minutes and it does the same thing. No breakers trip. We have tried GFCI 20amp, regular 20 amp and 30 amp outlets. Any ideas?

I bought a new American Standard EZ 8 sander 3/2021 and have only used it maybe 2-3 hours. It now quits after a while. We made one pass that covered maybe 50sq/ft and now it quits after about 3 ft. We wait 5 minutes and it does the same thing. No breakers trip. We have tried GFCI 20amp, regular 20 amp and 30 amp outlets. Any ideas?
Does it have a self resetting breaker inside the machine, a thermal overload? Just to understand, you're saying if you wait 5 minutes it will start again and then shut down?

Does it have a self resetting breaker inside the machine, a thermal overload? Just to understand, you're saying if you wait 5 minutes it will start again and then shut down?
Not sure, I'll check. It may be a bit more the 5 minutes but yes. Also to C.J.'s point It did work right after disconnecting the plug at the machine and reconnecting.

Can you open up the plug ends and visually see the connections. Could be as simple as one of the connections is loose. You can check the cord for continuity. Jiggle it to see if you can diagnose a break somewhere.

I used it this past weekend and noticed that if I bumped the wall it shut of more. This time it only shut off a few times going over the entire floor sometimes twice. Still haven't found the actual issue but it does sound more like a loose wire since we could make it shut off 1 out of 3 or 4 times bumping the wall. I will be using it again next weekend. If it does it again I'll open up the cover on the motor. Thanks guys. I'll keep this thread updated.

Latest posts

Back