Free installation?

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Floorist

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Pro
Borrowed from Facebook

Joe Cea

10 mins ·

To all my Facebook friends and family! You do realize that no one installs floor covering for free! The big box stores that advertise this are not paying the installation cost for you! You are paying installation out of the large profit margin they make on the overvalued product you purchase! As far as I'm concerned this is insulting to flooring installers everywhere! Basically saying installation has no value! Do not fall for this! Nothing is free and giant corporations do not give away profit!!!

15400385_10207198958280137_4419111165491030528_n.jpg

New Flash!!!!

Every sales gimmick ever invented is sleazy and unscrupulous.

Is there a retailer on earth that doesn't offer 30% off sales?

WTF does that really mean?

It means they TRIED to grossly overprice an item and gouge the consumer-----their customer. When nearly no one would bite they drop the price. It's not REALLY 30% off of anything. There isn't "anything" that firmly establishes a base retail price from which you could legitimately assert a 10, 20, 30..........90% discount.

It's ALL 100% Bull Shit.

So if you don't get that concept I can see being insulted and flabbergasted about "FREE" flooring installation. But there's nothing inherently more unscrupulous about this sales gimmick on a relative basis than EVERY OTHER GIMMICK out there that you can think of.

Get over it.

Buy carpet for one room, get two rooms for free! :D
I do it different............... When I get done, I write up a bill for the work I just "performed"
.......or if they ask first, I give em a number.

I noticed just before a Holiday the price goes up on things, then the sale brings it down to the original price .

Joe's a rep for the vinyl man. I usually dont believe anything a rep says. This ones ok.

Got an email from some peeps in VA saying a rep told them those gaps in the vinyl plank are normal, happens all the time, filler is ok. Yup, believe a rep

It does happen all the time. You need to accumulate it. If not it will shrink or grow. they even have it down to a science to how much.

It does happen all the time. You need to accumulate it. If not it will shrink or grow. they even have it down to a science to how much.
If they'd invest 3 cents per sq ft in (or another 3 cents) the production of the material, it would probably fix the problem by simply including some fiberglass.

Latest posts

Back