Glass Back Splash and Cork Floor

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ernesto

Professional
Pro
Just finished a custom computerised glass job after I did the cork. Turned out OK. The glass is one inch and is from Arizona Tile. Theres some metal trim that goes around the top that came with the custom metal cabinets. This is an old house in El Encanto in Tucson AZ. Kinda ritzy old neighborhood. The client bought the house at auction and are remodeling it.

I lucked out not having to make cuts underneath the cabinets. And only had cuts in 2 inside corners and one outlet.

So you can go in and pick how much of each color in a sheet on the computer before you buy it. Then it is custom made

Pretty cool colors.

Glass tile 001.JPG

Glass tile 002.JPG

Glass tile 003.JPG

Glass tile 004.JPG

Glass tile 005.JPG

Glass tile 006.JPG

Glass tile 007.JPG

Glass tile 009.JPG

Glass tile 010.JPG

Last edited:
Yea, they wanted to keep the cabinets and were in good condition, just painted before the house got repo'd. House sat around so they picked it up at auction. In it's day it was featured in a local magazine, tennis courts, half acre of lush vegetation and maids quarters. The lady had large parties.

I like the colors myself. Butter cream unsanded grout matches the sink and paint.

BTW have I mentioned how I hate unsanded grout? It's like using a tub of caulk.

Had to build up that outside corner cus it was not square. No cuts there either, I was so happy!

Last edited:
Thanks Nick, that means so much to me coming from you. ;)

Some day I will document how I square up outside corners with mud and a couple squares. I was in a hurry and din't have a couple extra hands.

Thanks Nick, that means so much to me coming from you. ;)

Some day I will document how I square up outside corners with mud and a couple squares. I was in a hurry and didn't have a couple extra hands.

It really looks sharp to me E .

Latest posts

Back