Gun free zone

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Crazy as the Democrats are about guns, I don't think there's a chance in hell of that passing.
By the way, when was the last time you heard of a ghost gun being used in a crime?
When Biden was talking about gun kits he made some reference to ghost guns not having serial numbers. If you look at the data about gun crimes and ghost guns, that also refers to guns that have had the serial number removed. So it's not plastic guns, and it's not guns made on a printer that are a problem. It's criminals that take a file to a gun that are the problem.

Well there is a lark, not only does it kinda just trump the whole republic thing but come on now, no one expects this to stand right? Grandstand sure, but since when can states unilaterally declare they are not subject to the federation? I am confused.... re: Grandstanding

Republicans are just taking a page from the Democrats play book. If you can refuse to deport illegals and ignore federal weed laws, you can ignore the gun laws as well. Shit is gonna boil over at some point. Just hope I have enough ammo to weather the storm if that’s what it comes to.

Probably, I really don't understand American politics. I mean I understand it at a functional level, or how it is supposed to function but man alive i do not understand how it (dis) functions. One would really be forgiven to assume the civil war never really ended, it just moved from an armed conflict to one of civic engagement.

Probably, I really don't understand American politics. I mean I understand it at a functional level, or how it is supposed to function but man alive i do not understand how it (dis) functions. One would really be forgiven to assume the civil war never really ended, it just moved from an armed conflict to one of civic engagement.

Probably so. Lincoln chose to go to war, as opposed to letting the South secede, because he wanted to keep the Union together. We’re still together but clearly our differences haven’t been solved. The fact that it’s not even acceptable to talk about some things isn’t helping either. How you gonna work things out if you can’t even talk about it?

On the flip side I do get it. Couple years ago the wife got pissed at me cus I wasn't willing get into it with her and I just told her I ain’t got nuthin to say to you and we’re still together. Difference is in marriage I’d call that a win.

Probably so. Lincoln chose to go to war, as opposed to letting the South secede, because he wanted to keep the Union together. We’re still together but clearly our differences haven’t been solved. The fact that it’s not even acceptable to talk about some things isn’t helping either. How you gonna work things out if you can’t even talk about it?

On the flip side I do get it. Couple years ago the wife got pissed at me cus I wasn't willing get into it with her and I just told her I ain’t got nuthin to say to you and we’re still together. Difference is in marriage I’d call that a win.
Constitutional scholars say that seceding was legal. When Lincoln was elected, he said he had no intention of feeing slaves. The Emancipation proclamation only effected the states that had seceded. He intended for the other states to keep slaves.

Most of the guns my FIL had were too old for serial numbers.
If there's an outright ban on "ghost guns", that would be asinine without a ban on accessories such as dremel tools, files and gun bluing.
I'd never take a file to my Ruger single six but a criminal wouldn't be afraid to hit it with a bench grinder.
......... So the point of banning these guns is???
We all know about the tens of thousands of guns used in crimes that were made on a 3D printer, right?

Can I ask a serious question that for once isn't meant to seem like I am an asshole?
What is the deal with guns in America?
I have been an observer of this all my life and I cannot quite make a lick of sense of it. I get gun ownership as a right and what have you but at what point does the average citizen really need to walk around armed ? Maybe it is the lack of familiarity with it here in Canada where gun ownership is rather liberal, to a point, among western civilization but there is no open/concealed carry, there is very, very strict enforcement on hand/automatic guns and to me that just makes sense. I cannot reconcile why John Q. Public needs to be at the mall packin'.

Can I ask a serious question that for once isn't meant to seem like I am an asshole?
What is the deal with guns in America?
I have been an observer of this all my life and I cannot quite make a lick of sense of it. I get gun ownership as a right and what have you but at what point does the average citizen really need to walk around armed ? Maybe it is the lack of familiarity with it here in Canada where gun ownership is rather liberal, to a point, among western civilization but there is no open/concealed carry, there is very, very strict enforcement on hand/automatic guns and to me that just makes sense. I cannot reconcile why John Q. Public needs to be at the mall packin'.
For one, it is part of our Constitution. If a criminal thought they would encounter armed victims, they would be a little more hesitant. Besides, follow history. Most dictators have disarmed the citizens for "safety" and when only the government was armed, well, look at Hitler.

We have carry without a permit. There have been two gun deaths in my county in the last 10 years. The first was a dispute over drugs. The second was a home invader, and the homeowner killed him to protect his wife and two small children.

For one, it is part of our Constitution. If a criminal thought they would encounter armed victims, they would be a little more hesitant. Besides, follow history. Most dictators have disarmed the citizens for "safety" and when only the government was armed, well, look at Hitler.
This right here is rather my point. Mostly the latter half of it. Canada has rather broad gun ownership laws although rather regulated but no one has ever suggested to take guns from the populace nor do I really think anyone would stand for it but to go right straight to an analogy to the Third Reich is rather extreme. Not to mention that per capita ranking in OECD countries America's recorded crimes rarely fall below the 5-10th place in rank on a per capita basis so it would be rather conceptual that gun ownership really reduces crime.

I do understand the constitutional argument but where is it enshrined in the American Constitution that citizens have the right to unregulated, unpermitted or otherwise limited in availability firearms? I can see how one might make the basis of this argument that as "inalienable" rights it would be easy to see that regulation of any kind would be an infringement on those rights. Maybe I am just too Canadian. I just cannot understand the basis of peoples fanaticism with the whole subject. Then again I wouldn't really mind being able to buy an air rifle with more than 495 fps firing power without a license either......

Freedoms are some things Americans cherish. The laws are crazy. A few years back a woman was traveling and went through a corner of NY state. When she was stopped for traffic violation, she was asked if she had any guns and since most states require you to be honest she said yes. She was arrested and got 10 years. Just crossing a state line made her a felon.

As a retired police officer, I pass by convicts that I placed in prison for a myriad of reasons. They would love nothing more than to take out the person who sent him to prison. Yes, I carry a weapon wherever I go, usually with an extra magazine, and will not hesitate to use it to protest my life, my family's life or you or your family's life. Just this morning a mentally deranged idiot went through the streets of Los Angeles, killing 3 completely innocent drivers and severely injured few more. SWAT members were able to box him in 40 miles away, and the idiot decided to shoot numerous times into an armored vehicle, and he met his maker with 10 officers returned fire. This is now a war zone, so either die like a sheep or fight back to live another day.

As a retired police officer, I pass by convicts that I placed in prison for a myriad of reasons. They would love nothing more than to take out the person who sent him to prison. Yes, I carry a weapon wherever I go, usually with an extra magazine, and will not hesitate to use it to protest my life, my family's life or you or your family's life. Just this morning a mentally deranged idiot went through the streets of Los Angeles, killing 3 completely innocent drivers and severely injured few more. SWAT members were able to box him in 40 miles away, and the idiot decided to shoot numerous times into an armored vehicle, and he met his maker with 10 officers returned fire. This is now a war zone, so either die like a sheep or fight back to live another day.

And that’s what I mean by stuff happens. We definitely have problems. Banning guns won’t fix the problem because the guns themselves are not the problem.

Latest posts

Back