Gun free zone

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The National Safety Council has reported that cell phone use while driving leads to 1.6 million crashes each year. Nearly 330,000 injuries and fatalities occur each year from accidents caused by texting while driving. 1 out of every 4 car accidents in the United States is caused by texting and driving.

Why no march to ban phone use?

They will argue that it is because phones serve a purpose other than killing/destroying.

I’ll keep my guns thanks. All of them.

The term “common sense gun law” make me want to vomit

We need parents to be parents. That would solve a lot of this. Our society is disgusting.

You can’t demand that people be able to say and do anything they want, and then blame guns when they turn out to be socially inept psychopaths.
Bingo. you win. People today still think that guns kill people.
Idiots kill people, deranged people kill people, sick people kill people, disturbed people kill people, dysfunctional people kill people, criminals kill people, illegal aliens skill people.........
...ever see a gun jump off the shelf, load itself and kill someone? ...me neither.
We have had a societal degradation over the last 30 years and no law ever passed now or in the future will stop people determined on their sick quests. They will invent "better" (other) ways or use other methods if gun choices get banned.
I mean, ...ban bombs and tell me how successful that goes.
,There are way to many guns currently owned by the populous to ever confiscate them. ...............so if that's the case? I mean, ya need to think "reality"
Banning certain guns will not stop the recent mayhem from being repeated. Guns are all over, so they will find them if they are so mentally Hell bent.
.............. so instead of protecting the kids in school now with police, security officers or armed (and trained) teachers............ and locked school doors............
do what? .......... yes, lets wait 10 or 15 years in hope that new gun legislation will .........eventually make a difference? :rolleyes:
Guns have never been the problem. I mean ...give me a grenade launcher.......It may look like an evil weapon, but if used properly, it could be used to fall a tree for firewood during a camping trip .........and look really, really cool in the process. :D Grenade launchers are 100% safe........ unless you are a nutcase. Need to stop blaming the method and start protecting the kids from "evil doers"

Last edited:
In a video posted to Twitter on Saturday, Buncombe County, North Carolina, Democrat Sheriff candidate R. Daryl Fisher suggested to a group affiliated with Michaels Bloomberg’s Moms Demand Action that he would have no problem killing defiant law-abiding gun owners to take their firearms.

They are using A R s because this is a copycat society. All of the mass shooters except Vegas could have killed just as many with a shotgun, semi-auto pistols, revolvers (speed loader), lever action, pump, etc. With most common deer rifles, .308, 30.30, .243 etc, they probably could have killed more. The Vegas shooter could have killed more with most other rifles and without the bump stock would have been more accurate. If you ban the AR, which would be almost impossible, they would just switch to something else. Concentrate on the shooters, not the weapon.

United Kingdom: The UK enacted its handgun ban in 1996. From 1990 until the ban was enacted, the homicide rate fluctuated between 10.9 and 13 homicides per million. After the ban was enacted, homicides trended up until they reached a peak of 18.0 in 2003. Since 2003, which incidentally was about the time the British government flooded the country with 20,000 more cops, the homicide rate has fallen to 11.1 in 2010. In other words, the 15-year experiment in a handgun ban has achieved absolutely nothing.

Ireland: Ireland banned firearms in 1972. Ireland’s homicide rate was fairly static going all the way back to 1945. In that period, it fluctuated between 0.1 and 0.6 per 100,000 people. Immediately after the ban, the murder rate shot up to 1.6 per 100,000 people in 1975. It then dropped back down to 0.4. It has trended up, reaching 1.4 in 2007.

Australia: Australia enacted its gun ban in 1996. Murders have basically run flat, seeing only a small spike after the ban and then returning almost immediately to preban numbers. It is currently trending down, but is within the fluctuations exhibited in other nations.

Plain and simple. Gun control has no significant impact on murder rates.

United Kingdom: The UK enacted its handgun ban in 1996. From 1990 until the ban was enacted, the homicide rate fluctuated between 10.9 and 13 homicides per million. After the ban was enacted, homicides trended up until they reached a peak of 18.0 in 2003. Since 2003, which incidentally was about the time the British government flooded the country with 20,000 more cops, the homicide rate has fallen to 11.1 in 2010. In other words, the 15-year experiment in a handgun ban has achieved absolutely nothing.

Ireland: Ireland banned firearms in 1972. Ireland’s homicide rate was fairly static going all the way back to 1945. In that period, it fluctuated between 0.1 and 0.6 per 100,000 people. Immediately after the ban, the murder rate shot up to 1.6 per 100,000 people in 1975. It then dropped back down to 0.4. It has trended up, reaching 1.4 in 2007.

Australia: Australia enacted its gun ban in 1996. Murders have basically run flat, seeing only a small spike after the ban and then returning almost immediately to preban numbers. It is currently trending down, but is within the fluctuations exhibited in other nations.

Plain and simple. Gun control has no significant impact on murder rates.

And if they kept it so anyone could get a gun easily and carry a gun how would the numbers look then?

And if they kept it so anyone could get a gun easily and carry a gun how would the numbers look then?
They'd use guns instead of knives. ;) Removal of methods don't suddenly make people nice. If a person was hell bent on killing innocent people, They will.
Just think how easy it would be to use a car or truck to easily mow down 20 or 30 people sanding in line at the edge of a high school parking lot as they wait to pay for tickets to a football game. ....drive slow like yur gonna park.............. then 30 feet away, slam on the gas pedal. No guns, knives or bombs involved. You only need a drivers license.
............oops, I forgot. People that would do something this horrible don't bother obeying frivolous legal stuff like getting a drivers license. Only the law abiding people do.
What then, take away cars and make everyone use mass transit? What if the transit driver flips out?
The problem is society and family dysfunction. That and the realization that sadly, crazy/evil people will always exist and there is virtually nothing we can do to stop their inner madness. Why? because a lot of these totally crazy people hide their 'crazy' so well, that you never know until they carry out their well thought out plans. Those people will never be stopped no matter how many new rules are created.
In the mean time the school kids need to be protected, ......but nobody likes that idea because it would most likely involve guns badges and uniforms. :confused:

Last edited:
I can't view the video, but that's the same news I have been getting, or were getting. Nothing much last night or this morning. It's not taking up much of the news hour, just another news story. California's Dian Feinstien says she'd like to see a total ban on the black semi autos, but in the same sentence acknowledges it's not gonna happen.

Latest posts

Back