Gun free zone

Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional

Help Support Flooring Forum - DIY & Professional:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I support the 2nd Amendment, but I've lost respect for the NRA.

And since the topic is gun control, how effed up is it that the police gave the AR15 & other guns to the father of a guy who was caught trespassing in restricted areas of the White House & who was forbidden to own guns? He wasn't even the rightful owner and they just went and gave the guns to him-- and he gave them to his son who used one to shoot people-- and I have to say kudos to James Shaw for stopping him. That took guts. But, legally, the perp shouldn't have had the guns but that didn't stop him. I believe he had more weapons stockpiled so even if he hadn't gotten those guns back, he still could have had guns to use. If guns are taken from law abiding citizens, criminals will still find ways to get them.

When they said the father gave the guns back to him, it made me wonder about the dad's mental state............ I mean, he knew the kids mental issues better than anyone. Confuzing. I'd like to see a reporter interview the dad to understand just what the hell he was thinking.
........then see the dad carted off to jail.

I absolutely agree. What the father did is criminal and he should be arrested. Now, if the father had kept the guns & the son had used different ones, it would be different. But I also feel that law enforcement agents were negligent in that case because they should not have turned over the son's property to his father. It just boggles my mind that they did something that stupid.
Stuff like this ruins things for the majority of gun owners. I'd say the majority of us are responsible & careful, but the idiots who make the news make it look like things are worse than they really are.

I agree Nick. It's illegal to purchase a gun for someone who isn't allowed by law to own one............. so what's the difference here?
.....none as far as I can see.
I'd like more details known about why law enforcement gave him the guns, and also what they told him to do once he was givne the guns. Did they tell him these guns were never to be allowed to be handled by his son? Did they just give them to him and say nothing?
I'd like to know.

I agree Nick. It's illegal to purchase a gun for someone who isn't allowed by law to own one............. so what's the difference here?
.....none as far as I can see.
I'd like more details known about why law enforcement gave him the guns, and also what they told him to do once he was givne the guns. Did they tell him these guns were never to be allowed to be handled by his son? Did they just give them to him and say nothing?
I'd like to know.
So would I. On one hand, it's hard to imagine they would just hand them over and not tell him "Your son isn't allowed to have guns" but on the other, they actually handed the guns over to him in the first place, which is sheer idiocy. If they were stupid enough to give him the guns, maybe they were stupid enough to not tell him his son couldn't have them. That said, it might have been implied that the son wasn't allowed to have them if they were not given back to the son.

Yup... that's what I'd love to know. Amazing it hasn't been talked about by the media. Trumps odd handshakes are way more important to them as a news story than investigating and reporting what we are discussing. :rolleyes:
They won't care until another disaster occurs, gun related or other.

They won't care then either Hi, Can't loose that NRA Money .. If you give the guns to the dad and tell him to lock them up , it goes without saying .. You don't want the kid to get his hands on them .. I don't care what the Police said .. Is the dad that stupid ?

janet reno
janet reno.jpg

Louisiana schools suspended a kid for saying that a math symbol reminded him of a gun (even after police said he hadn't made a threat or done anything wrong). It's idiotic.
Man, I saw some discussions on Twitter where the Pope said we should just ban ALL weapons. Nice sentiment if we lived in a perfect world, but we don't. People will still need weapons to defend themselves from predatory animals in rural areas. Cops will still need weapons to stop people who break the law. I have a friend who is extremely anti-gun who was saying it would make the world a better place. I pointed out that it would not-- it would just ensure that only the criminals have guns. But she seemed to think that giving guns to only the cops (legally) would somehow make the world less violent. I told her we would have to vastly change our cultural attitudes for the violence to stop. We have to make changes that stop people from wanting to use weapons, and hurt/kill others. Taking away the choice to have weapons will not accomplish that. It may even make some people feel more helpless & cause more violence.
Not having a gun didn't stop that punk in Toronto from killing people- he just ran over them with a van. The people who think just taking away guns/weapons will magically fix things are not living in reality.
It was just aggravating when people just can't see reason. I mean, if we did ban guns then people would use knives. Ban knives-- well, how are we going to cut stuff? Oh wait, vehicles can be used as weapons so let's ban those. I know they don't work the same way as guns for killing, but just about any object can be used as a weapon if someone really wants to hurt another person. Removing the tools will not make the desire to harm go away.
Sorry, venting a little bc people are exasperating. LOL.
*climbs off soapbox*

Last edited by a moderator:
Ammunition giant Hornady is cutting off government buyers in New York over an order by New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo to financial services companies regarding gun politics.

Louisiana schools suspended a kid for saying that a math symbol reminded him of a gun (even after police said he hadn't made a threat or done anything wrong). It's idiotic.
Man, I saw some discussions on Twitter where the Pope said we should just ban ALL weapons. Nice sentiment if we lived in a perfect world, but we don't. People will still need weapons to defend themselves from predatory animals in rural areas. Cops will still need weapons to stop people who break the law. I have a friend who is extremely anti-gun who was saying it would make the world a better place. I pointed out that it would not-- it would just insure that only the criminals have guns. But she seemed to think that giving guns to only the cops (legally) would somehow make the world less violent. I told her we would have to vastly change our cultural attitudes for the violence to stop. We have to make changes that stop people from wanting to use weapons, and hurt/kill others. Taking away the choice to have weapons will not accomplish that. It may even make some people feel more helpless & cause more violence.
Not having a gun didn't stop that punk in Toronto from killing people- he just ran over them with a van. The people who think just taking away guns/weapons will magically fix things are not living in reality.
It was just aggravating when people just can't see reason. I mean, if we did ban guns then people would use knives. Ban knives-- well, how are we going to cut stuff? Oh wait, vehicles can be used as weapons so let's ban those. I know they don't work the same way as guns for killing, but just about any object can be used as a weapon if someone really wants to hurt another person. Removing the tools will not make the desire to harm go away.
Sorry, venting a little bc people are exasperating. LOL.
*climbs off soapbox*
Stop thinking rationally. You won't get elected..... in Oregon anyway. :D
I wonder how well a van could dice tomatoes or cut a green pepper.
If they could, and vans were banned, how would I get to work. :eek:
Ya can't stop crazy with more rules.

......that said, I wish we could. :(

Bah. I saw a typo in my post and can't edit it. LOL. I meant "ensure" not "insure". Oh well.
I can't bring myself to watch any of Trump's speeches. He's a narcissistic con artist with no moral compass. I don't think he even knows what he's talking about half the time. I truly think he has the brain of a psychopath-- incapable of morality or empathy. Everything he does is self-serving. I can guarantee he doesn't give a damn about the rights of citizens. If supporting the NRA gets him $ and the praise from his base, he'll do it. If he stood to lose $ he'd be passing executive orders to ban gun ownership and would be trash-talking the NRA on Twitter. I'll stop myself before I go in to a very long rant. LOL.

Latest posts

Back